nczooarea Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 1:14am
post #1 of

Has anyone bought a Beater Blade or KA version for the KP2671X, older model, 6 qt.l lift, 525 Watts?  Which one did you buy, does it work, and where did you purchase it?

Many thanks for your help.

8 replies
SaltCakeCity Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 7:17pm
post #2 of

I bought the 4 of the beater blades but I have the tilt head model of the kitchenaid and I LOVE it. I don't have to scrape down the sides and it saves so much time. I bought mine online and at Macy's. I'm not sure which one to buy for the lift model of the KA but I would suggest asking someone at the kitchen store you go to. Maybe the KA website has the answer. Sorry but good luck!
Jennifer

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 7:42pm
post #3 of

You can go to the beater blade website and choose you model from their list, and it will tell you what blade to order.

nczooarea Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 11:37pm
post #4 of

Many thanks for your response.  I did check with Beater Blade's web site.  Still was not sure.  Everything Kitchen listed the exact model.  So I ordered it today.  We shall see.................. :) 

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 12:26am
post #5 of

AI would kill for a beater blade for my Hobart 12 quart. I rarely use it, it is too much trouble to lower the bowl, scrape, and lift multiples times per batch. And that dumb thing has a good inch between the bottom of the paddle and the bottom of the bowl!

chikadodle Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:28am
post #6 of

Annabakescakes, there is a beater blade type scraper for the 12 qt Hobart.  It's not inexpensive (of course!) but it does exist.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-Bowl-Scraper-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B007TN6F3C

I have a 20 qt non-Hobart mixer but still find myself making several smaller batches in my 7 qt KA, just so I can use the beater blade.

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 4:30am
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikadodle 

Annabakescakes, there is a beater blade type scraper for the 12 qt Hobart.  It's not inexpensive (of course!) but it does exist.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-Bowl-Scraper-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B007TN6F3C

I have a 20 qt non-Hobart mixer but still find myself making several smaller batches in my 7 qt KA, just so I can use the beater blade.

OUCH! There is NO WAY! lol! That is only $50 less than what I paid for the whole mixer ;-) (I love Craigslist!)

I saw one similar to this for a little less a couple months ago, and my DH wanted to try to make me something similar, since he works in a metal fab shop. He has made me cake lifters, and special supports and markers and all sorts of things, but I don't see this one happening!

And I do the same thing, using my Kitchenaids rather than the 12 qrt Hobart, just to use the beater blade!

nczooarea Posted 30 May 2013 , 9:40pm
post #8 of

Hello,

In Feb. 2013, I asked about the beater blade attachment for an older Kitchen aid, non tilt head.  I ordered it, have used it several times and wanted to post that it does work with the KP2671X, older model, 6 qt.l lift, 525 Watts.  I love it!

smittyditty Posted 31 May 2013 , 3:13am
post #9 of

I have a tilt head kitchen aid and used the beater blade and its nice it lasted for about 2 years then cracked. So my husband ordered me the new KA version of the beater blade I like it a lot better. Partly because it has the cut outs on the side for chocolate chips to go through the beater blade was always slamming. I also never lock the head when in use because they are slightly a bit low...I could adjust the height of the head but I have better things to do..lol

It always scrapes so clean and is worth EVERY penny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%