shebaben Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 12:56am
post #1 of

Could MMF be flavored with real amaretto liqueur? or would the alcohol destroy it? Thanks!

4 replies
BakingIrene Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 1:27am
post #2 of

Alcohol is OK with gelatin.

But maybe the amaretto will add some colour that you do not want? Try white creme de cacao.

shebaben Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 2:23pm
post #3 of

Thanks...but there's no gelatin in MMF...you're right about the slight coloring...perhaps I should keep the amaretto just in the cake and buttercream....I guess I really wondered what alcohol would do chemically to the physical properties of MMF...

Thanks again!!!!

PAT( funny - the area just a mile or so away from us has always been Hog Mountain, but some fancy-schmancy people in a ritzy new subdivision demand that it now be called Hamilton Mill) 

BakingIrene Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 2:31pm
post #4 of

We are talking about marshmallow fondant with commercial marshmallows?

The marshmallows have gelatin. That's what makes them fluffy.

The only thing the sweet types of booze will do is add a small amount of sugar--but you adjust the consistency anyway.

shebaben Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 5:10am
post #5 of

Oh duh!!!! I'm such a dummy!!! icon_redface.gif Of course there is gelatin in the marshmallows - sorry my brain was not functioning very well!!!! Thanks for pointing it out - who knows how long it would have taken me to make the connection! As usual, all of my CC friends go overboard to offer help. Thanks again. PAT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%