Freezing A Frosted Cake?

Decorating By cuteums Updated 10 Feb 2013 , 3:50am by CWR41

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 5

Help!

I have a cake frosted and filled with cannoli cream. The outside is decorated to look like a beach theme so 1/2 is all buttercream and 1/2 has "sand" on it which is nilla wafers and brown sugar. Due to the blizzard my friend's party is cancelled. I didn't put the fondant decorations on it yet. Can I freeze the frosted cake? Will it thaw out okay? Because it is a water sand theme I'm not too worried about imperfections showing after thawing. I am just worried about it tasting okay. Thanks for the help everyone.

4 replies
cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 5

How about refrigeration? Will it be okay till Wednesday? I baked it yesterday and frosted it today. I have it in a wilton cake carrier in my fridge.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 5

AI made a cake on the first, for the second, and they just came and got it. It looked fine, and I'm certain it tasted fine. My freezer is for cakes only. No fish or meat or cardboard to have the icing suck up a weird flavor.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 3:31am
post #4 of 5

Read this info from a past thread. Read what the poster has to say about BlakesCakes freezing cakes. I do this all the time now. It works great and your cakes will taste great also.

http://cakecentral.com/t/752352/how-do-i-prevent-my-fondant-from-melting-without-melting-the-buttercream

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 3:50am
post #5 of 5

Cake factories ship frozen decorated cakes all the time... of course, you can freeze!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%