Help! Monster Themed 1St Birthday

Decorating By Pitchers_Bakery Updated 9 Feb 2013 , 1:11am by mhcl

Pitchers_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pitchers_Bakery Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 12:26am
post #1 of 3

Ok so heres the trial run cake I made for my sons 1st birthday (next weekend). I hate it! I thought it would come out so cute, but it came out horrible! Please please please help me!

The only thing I like is the candle, the green as the bottom tier, and the orange as the monster. However, I hate the zig zags, I hate the red tier, i hate the monster and the way it looks.

I am thinking stars with 2 different sizes on the bottom, blue as the 2nd tier with stripes, and a different monster in general. However, I just dont feel like its going to look right. Can you all help me out please.

AppleMark

2 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 12:48am
post #2 of 3

AWell first off i want to say i love your choice of colours! Bright and clean and not too many :) Ive actually been hunting for monster pics lately for a felt project for my wife, i think this one would sit atop your cake nicely just make him in your colours [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2916404/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

And i think youre right about everything else; fewer stars and in 2 sizes and go for vertical stripes; horizontal and zigzag are a pain!

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 1:11am
post #3 of 3

I'm with Crazy-Gray with doing the vertical stripes and the 2 different sized stars.  Blue or yellow for the middle tier.  And I think the monster cake with the frosting "fur" are adorable too...just a thought.  Good luck and happy first birthday to your son!  My son turn's one also in a few weeks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%