Urgent Disaster To Mad Hatter

Decorating By British Kiwi Updated 8 Feb 2013 , 11:55am by British Kiwi

British Kiwi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
British Kiwi Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 11:53am
post #1 of 2

My little bub is getting dedicated on Sunday and so I decided to make a Mad Hatter. I am yet to go to a course about it, but I made a similar one last year using a tutorial I found on line. Unfortunately this has now been deleted. Anyway, I somehow worked out how to do it properly like in Planet Cake, but obviously not as neat or sharp. So I made dark chocolate mud (Pam's recipe) for the top and caramel for the bottom. The top I had ganached and was ready to ice. The cake was super moist. I didn't have time to freeze it first. I came back from lunch the other day to find it in 4 pieces on the bench! I have now remade it and I have pretty much finished carving it, but will have to wait till tomorrow to ganache it. The caramel was carved and I used white chocolate ganache. I iced it today and the top tip looks like it is going to collapse. Despite being iced I have put it in the fridge. Rather scared to look in the fridge. I have now run out of time to make anymore muds like this as it is a three day turnaround. Any tips to avert disaster!??

1 reply
British Kiwi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
British Kiwi Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 11:55am
post #2 of 2

Oh it's mid 30s and not likely to drop till Sunday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%