pinchofsweetener Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 11:15pm
post #1 of

I'm gonna make some IMBC for the first time and I want to try a hazelnut version. Does anyone have a good recipe? I was gonna use Shirley's IMBC. Has anyone done hazelnut flavoring on this recipe? I'd prefer to try a recipe someone's actually used rather than experiment. TIA.icon_smile.gif

7 replies
metria Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 11:32pm
post #2 of

Sounds delish!  Hope someone has some experience.  IMBC and SMBC are lovely for subtle flavors.  What brand of flavoring will you be using?

Sonya Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 4:31pm
post #3 of

Im going to be making a hazelnut cake for my grandmothers birthday next week. I have never tried it but "Crumboss" on youtube has a reese cup cake that she uses her smbc and she just mixed in some nutella with it. It sounds really good but it will make it a light brown color. I think Crumboss uses 1 cup nutella to 3 cups smbc. Hope this helps.

pinchofsweetener Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 4:41pm
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya 

Im going to be making a hazelnut cake for my grandmothers birthday next week. I have never tried it but "Crumboss" on youtube has a reese cup cake that she uses her smbc and she just mixed in some nutella with it. It sounds really good but it will make it a light brown color. I think Crumboss uses 1 cup nutella to 3 cups smbc. Hope this helps.

Thanks Sonya. It looks like I might just have to experiment after all. I thought about Nutella but since I've never even made IMBC I wasn't sure what the consistency would be like when mixing the two. I'll update after I try it. Thanks again 

icer101 Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 4:47pm
post #5 of

I make smbc and use nutella at the end. I just use to my taste. I make  p-nut butter smbc the same way. Anything you add, you add at the end. hth

Sonya Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 12:36am
post #6 of

Your very welcome! Please let us know how it turns out. I have never added nutella to smbc but I have added it to my american buttercream before and it is delish.

cakegrandma Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 1:16am
post #7 of

I normally make SMBC as I think it is easier but, whichever one you use you can just put in Nutella to taste or you can use the Torani Hazelnut flavored syrup.  I keep adding Nutella until I think it is right and I use the syrup as part of my water content for the cooking part.  Wither one tastes really good.

AnnieCahill Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 12:33pm
post #8 of

I used hazelnuts to flavor some French buttercream that I used as a buche filling at Christmas.  I made a praline paste and then mixed it into the buttercream.  It is not perfectly smooth by any means but I was just using it as a filling.  It was SO good.  Find the praline paste recipe at joepastry.com.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%