Best Frosting Sheets For Printing And Ink?

Decorating By cookie smalls Updated 3 Apr 2013 , 11:35pm by Annabakescakes

Tasty FotoArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tasty FotoArt Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 6:51pm
post #31 of 36

We recommend the Canon printers.  We sell two on our site.  There is no difference in the actual "print engine" on Canon printers of the same vintage.  The main difference is the features.  The ip3600 is just a printer.  No bells and whistles, but a good printer.  The mg5220 and 5320 have a scanner built in and can work without a computer or can accept wi-fi signals from your computer or smart phone.  They have a few other extras but not a big deal. 

The easiest way to tell what Canon type printer is similar to another is by cartridge type.  Most all the PGI220-CLI221 types are the same print engine and so are the PGI-225-CLI226.  Actually there is very little difference between either of them.  Canon has always changed models frequently, but now they do it so they can change the chip type.  The latest ones out use a 251 chip which I have not seen as a third market product.

The main thing is to watch which cartridge type the printer you want uses.  At www.tastyfotoart.com/Machine.html  has a listing of all the printers by cartridge type we sell.  We sell cartridges for some fairly old printers, some 20 years old now, as well as new ones. And yes we sell some of the old ones.

Wes

Tastyfotoart.com

Roseyrod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roseyrod Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 6:57pm
post #32 of 36

I have to say that Icing Images has the best icing sheets!!!!! All the other ones break as you are trying to peel them off!!!!!

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:14pm
post #33 of 36

To "Roseyrod": I've never had any trouble with the DecoPac edible print media the local cake supply did my edible prints on. Just chill and peel.

To Wes ("Tasty FotoArt"): I was speaking in the abstract: I neither own an inkjet printer, nor permit such things in my home, and I outsource all my edible printing, so the closest I get to clogged inkjet cartridges is if one of my fountain pens gets stopped up.

I am curious, however, about how an ink can be edible, yet not support microbes or fungi. (In my long-dormant home chemistry/photo lab, I've seen fungal crud colonize the surface of both plain tap water and PhotoFlo that were left standing for too long in a covered glass jar!)

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:25pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseyrod 

I have to say that Icing Images has the best icing sheets!!!!! All the other ones break as you are trying to peel them off!!!!!

Oh, gosh, I hate DecoPac sheets! They melt between my hot fingers, and tear like crazy. Plus, they are ugly yellow, taper on the sides, and don't go to the edge of the sheet. They are so thin, that the slightest bit of airbrush pops through them and creates a pimpling effect. I airbrushed a purple cake and set a decopac sheet on it, and it came through. Just last week, I airbrushed a cake purple and set an Icing Images sheet on it, and it stayed pimple free! I'll see if I can find pics...

Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:32pm
post #35 of 36

AClose up of icing images (protecting the identity of person on cake) [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2969213/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Close up of decopac Beiber [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2969214/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:35pm
post #36 of 36

Sorry the pictures stink, but I think you can still see the difference!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%