Can Someone Please Help??

Decorating By CarolLee Updated 10 Feb 2013 , 6:36pm by CarolLee

CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 7

These are what is described a "tiny fondant curls".  Does anyone know how I can get this??

6 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 7

Are you sure they're fondant? I know you can get pink chocolate curls, usually strawberry flavoured. If not, maybe you could grate cold or frozen fondant? I've never done it but you could try...

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 7

So I would not make these with fondant, just as an aside, I would make them by melting a bunch of candy melts into a block and then shaving off the "curls" with a peeler. BUT if you were determined to do this in fondant, then I would color a block of fondant pink, freeze it and then take the peeler to it.  Not sure if it'd work, but that's where I'd start.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 7

And while you are at it!  If you go the pink candy melt route...  I would use some of that pink candy melt to decorate the tops of those strawberries!  They look kinda boring just sitting there on top with no tie-in color scheme.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 7

AThese are chocolate curls. You can buy them in many colors including marbled.

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 7

Maybe you could try wrapping fondant around a toothpick or small straw, let it dry a little, pull the toothpick out and cut it into little pieces.  Never done this but it might work.

CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the responses!!  I made some pink candy clay and chilled it.  Then, used a grater and got something very close to those curls.  By the time I add a little edible glitter it'll be just what I needed!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%