Wholesale Cupcake Wrappers

Business By lexi55033 Updated 19 Sep 2013 , 6:12pm by ConfettiCouture

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 16

Can anyone suggest a good, reliable wholesale source for cupcake wrappers (not baking liners)? I want to be able to offer my brides another option to dress up their wedding cupcakes, but still want them to be affordable. I'm not looking for anything really fancy like the intricate lazer cut designs, but would prefer something simplier that comes in a wide variety of colors. Thanks!

15 replies
Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 16

Someone on here gave me a great idea a couple weeks ago and the bride loved it. I bought some paper doilies in the colours of her wedding. Then i cut the circle out of the middle of it and cut it to size a cupcake wrapper. I glued it together and what i got was a very classy looking cupcake wrapper.I did a black one, a silver one and a white one.That gave her many options and she loved it.I have to admit that i too think it is so beautiful and very easy to make. Not expensive at all and it really makes your cupcakes look beautiful.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 16

This may be the best thing to use a Cricut for.  There are templates to have the thing cut wrappers.

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 12:32am
post #4 of 16

Thanks for the ideas. I do have a cricut and have thought of making them on my own. The problem is, I regularly do 2-3 weddings a weekend during the summer and each wedding is 200-300 cupcakes, so I don't know that I'd have the time to make 400-900 wrappers each week.

maritzausa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maritzausa Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 16

I occasionally get unsolicited emails from wholesale cupcake wrapper venders in China. I always delete them and I just looked in the trash and they've been removed, but next time I get one, I'll post a link to the catalog here.

I sell software to design your own cupcake wrappers, and I had originally hoped to fulfill large orders such as yours. I purchased a hand-crank die cutter machine and had a custom die made. I figured it would hold up better over time than a Cricut. It turns out it was more difficult than I though to get the printed pages lined up correctly and it was a lot of manual labor. I still have the machine and hold out hopes of finding a way to use it.

Here is the machine: http://www.accucuteducation.com/MARK-IV-Roller-Die-Cutting-Machine-P700C392.aspx

Here is where we had the die made: http://www.customshapepros.com/products.html

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 16

They have wrappers on Bakery Crafts that arent too badly priced.  All kinds of designs.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 12:45am
post #7 of 16

I saw recently that Oriental Trading has some very reasonably priced.  They call them cupcake collars on their site. HTH

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 2:54am
post #8 of 16

I like Oriental Trading Co. too. Have ordered numerous things from them.

Also like Save-on Crafts:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/cu.html

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:13am
post #9 of 16

AHere is a link to make your own prints, the possibilities are endless!!! http://www.makecupcakewrappers.com/ I suppose cutting them would be a chore, but if you get a silhouette cameo, you could print out your liner, then scan it into your computer, and use the print and cut feature. I don't actually think it would take all that long to cut out a couple hundred by hand. I would do it in front of the tv, with a good pair of shears and be done in a couple shows. But, I actually find the mindlessness of cutting things like that out soothing ;-)

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:14am
post #10 of 16

AAnd it would be a great feature to add, and you can charge the $1 or so per wrapper and pocket a couple hundred bucks while listening to the TV!

PADRON Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PADRON Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 9:53pm
post #11 of 16

Hi how are you.  I sell the Cupcake wrappers at wholesale.  Please let me know if you are still interested.

Thank

maritzausa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maritzausa Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 16

I just wanted to update this tread as I finally got another email from a cupcake wrapper distributor: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/325553

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 1:56am
post #13 of 16

Has anyone ever ordered from aliexpress.com?  I was just browsing and saw lots of interesting items . . . but are these counterfeits, or legit?  I swear I just saw the same gumpaste plaque cutter on Nicholas Lodge's site, as one I saw on aliexpress.com.

Anyone with any experience here?

Liz

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 3:56am
post #14 of 16

ANot me... I have looked several times, and it looks like you have to order quite a bit of each one you want, otherwise it is a mixture and a surprise... Have you tried Viking Importing? They have some really nice ones, but others are pure crap.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 4:02am
post #15 of 16

I was actually looking for clear cake boxes/containers, and that site came up in my Google search.  But they had quite the assortment of cupcake liners/cases, fondant tools, etc.  I love the 4 x 4 clear boxes from clearbags.com, but it is hard to get a mini cake and cake board in there cleanly.  I thought maybe a 2 piece dome type would be better, but I didn't love any of the ones I saw.

Thanks, though!

Liz

ConfettiCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfettiCouture Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 6:12pm
post #16 of 16

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a reliable wholesale source of cupcake wrappers.  Confetti Couture has several designs in regular and mini size. They are designed, printed and cut in Colorado, USA of high quality papers, fda approved inks, and aqueous coating to prevent oil stains.

We provide bakers with a sample ring of the wrappers so they can choose with the bride / client.

There is a wholesale registration form at the top right of our website. We would love to do business with you.

Janet 

www.ConfettiCouture.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%