Lemon Wasc

Baking By Smash Cakery Updated 6 Feb 2013 , 3:10am by icer101

Smash Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smash Cakery Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 12:23am
post #1 of 3

I altered the WASC recipe with a lemon mix, and lemon extract (would have preferred to use zest, but its what I have on hand). I wasn't paying attention and put EIGHT eggs in, when I should have put six. Will this be a disaster? It is a test cake that if turns out well, I'll use this weekend and freeze tonight.

If its awful, I'll start over.

The batter did taste a bit eggy, but I have never made a lemon cake before, so I'm not positive the flavor is off. Any knowledge?

2 replies
arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 12:41am
post #2 of 3

Trust me, a lemon cake should NEVER taste eggy. The lemon flavor should be very evident. But then I live in the Caribbean so I pretty much have zest year round.Sometimes I may use an extra egg but I've never used 2. However the size of the egg would have some bearing on the taste. I suggest you try again with the 6 eggs and see which you prefer.It's all a matter of taste after all.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 3:10am
post #3 of 3

cakepro ,a c/cer has several wasc recipes on this  site. I have tried 2 of them , but haven,t tried the lemon one. Look that up and try it . I loved her other two. Got to try the lemon one. It is called amazing lemon wasc. The chocolate one was delicious and i can,t think of the name of the other one. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%