Wedding Venue Busted For No Licenses

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 14 Feb 2013 , 1:00am by kblickster

-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 8

so this griffin mansion in las vegas area got busted for not being licensed and 53 brides not only got their plans upset they got no refund either

here's a link http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/04/16837631-rossen-reports-brides-say-con-couple-made-their-dream-weddings-nightmares?lite &preview=true

i did a search and didn't see that we had talked about this yet

but yes a big name place that was operating illegally and now is filing for bankruptcy and wow

plus i read a review previous to them getting shut down that after the deposit was paid no one paid attention to the bride-to-be's emails and communication was bleak although the wedding went off well for the bride--the experience left a lot to be desired for her--her family stepped in and made sure things went well

we had a beautiful venue here in memphis go belly up and no refunds--ver ver sad/dirty pool

7 replies
Bluehue Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 8

One would surely sit dumb founded after hearing the news that *we arent holding your wedding here* - especially 11 minutes after you have paid the final deposit.

Then i would jump up and @*#@*&@* scream blue bloody murder....

Then collaspe in a puddle

Then,  after regaining my composure... arm myself with the task of eloping...

Then come back and fight tooth and nail...to reclaim something from the debarcle 

preferably....someones head on a stick.

Not sure how the laws in the States work - but over here you can claim monies owed through the courts after a company has filed BR......albeit over a period of some years....

I'd accept that....even if it took 7 years... they and their sorry ***** would pay me back

Blue

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 8

AWow, what an evil thing to do! These people have no conscience. I feel guilty and try to cover my tracks and make a note if I even buy a candy bar on my business account.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 8

and not to mention while they did get busted for not being legal/licensed

the only reason it came to that is because people got sick/norovirus at one of the events

norovirus -- can be from food poisoning--but travels/contaminates like the flu bug too

53 weddings affected--that's really bad alone but they kept taking money after they knew they were shut down

LKing12 Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 8

So, I have been thinking about this a lot just today.  I found out about a Bridal fair being held in our large town just north of my location.  When I looked at the vendors listed for the event about three of them are not LEGAL.  Where are the HD inspectors?  Why are these people getting away with this?  I have talked to several other LEGAL businesses and they have stated that they have reported specific illegal businesses to no avail.  It shouldn't take someone getting sick for them to be shut down!

Godot Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 8

report the fair/vendors to the HD. It's perfectly possible to do it anonymously.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 8

advertising without being licensed is just asking for trouble

not that i'm making the phone calls--there's plenty of others who will

often a relative--could be anyone are you kidding me

so dumb to advertise so dumb

i guess it's just as dumb as not being legal in the first place

kblickster Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 1:00am
post #8 of 8

Such a shame.  I live in NC (furniture capitol area).  This happens all the time.  People fly in, order a whole house full of furniture (which they must pay for up front) and then the company goes out of business.  Recently there was a story about a couple that paid about 12,000.00 for a bedroom and dining room suite.  They were hustled out the door and the person that showed them out placed a bankruptcy notice on the door. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%