"naked" Wedding Cake - No Icing

Business By andreamak Updated 5 Apr 2013 , 8:34pm by keystone

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 4:39pm
post #31 of 39

i did not see the picture but another way

i think i'd tip it--angle the cake then tap a strainer of powdered sugar to shower over

maybe

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 4:42pm
post #32 of 39

I must be weird, I love naked cakes, lol. I think they are really pretty in a rustic sort of way. It's actually How I almost always serve my carrot cake and gingerbread.

I like Anna's suggestion of using a stocking and 'puffing' it on, like an old fashioned powder puff.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 5:11pm
post #33 of 39

ALol I didn't even notice the look on the birds faces I was to busy looking at the cake itself ( darn birds ate the freaking frosting ) I actually really like the look of this particular cake , not really liking the pictures of the other ones pictured looking like this. I would for sure charge base price for it.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 5:47pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 

I really think it is a cute cake. in fact , i think it is darling. good luck with it all. It will turn out great .In fact , that is the one my husband would go for. lol!! really!!!!

LOL, My hubby would be standing in line with a fork and a very large bowl in one hand and a pitcher of 35% cream in the other! 

eyislesgeof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eyislesgeof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 6:30pm
post #37 of 39

I love these cakes, they're delicious.  I love when they have fruit between the layers. 

I would probably give each layer a pretty good brushing with a simple syrup, to help keep it moist.

LittleBroccoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBroccoli Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 8:40pm
post #38 of 39

AI've just done my first one, I charged base price then slightly more for the fruit, the brides florist provided the roses. I concerned because it was so simple, but once I'd got to the venue and styled it with the fruit and roses and dusting of icing sugar I was pleased with the result. Yes so to OP, base price would be what I'd charge again it really is not too complex at all.

Regarding the drying out, the bride was aware this may be an this issue, and I told her all I could do was try to reduce the risk, and that is what I did, adapted recipe stlightly to incorporate more fluid and added a touch of glycerin to mixture, baked it fresh night before, torted with lots of filling, dusted with icing sugar all over (tipped cake at an angle slightly and used a flour dredger), I then kept the cakes in airtight Tupperware right up to point of stacking at venue.

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2965647/a/3327433/my-first-naked-wedding-cake/

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 8:34pm
post #39 of 39

Like all the advice and input.  I guess I just didn't notice these cakes before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%