cookie smalls Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 10:27pm
post #1 of

can you mix melted chocolate melts and fondant together? Im in the process of making a LV purese and its a PAIN to get the fondant in the LV brown color...I was thinking of using milk chocolate melts (melted of course) and adding it to findant...is this possible? HELP!

8 replies
kikiandkyle Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 10:59pm
post #2 of

This is one of my favorite tutorials for coloring MMF with candy melts, this should help.

kikiandkyle Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 10:59pm
post #3 of

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html?m=1

cookie smalls Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 11:58pm
post #4 of

AThank you kikiandkyle!

MGP403 Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 3:52am
post #5 of

I'm going to have to try this!  Thanks!

mcaulir Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 9:17am
post #6 of

You can also knead modelling chocolate into fondant.

cookie smalls Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 5:28pm
post #7 of

I tried it and it worked GREAT!!! I REALLY love how smooth and easy it was to work with and the taste is great. The one i made tasted liek a tootsie roll....thank you again!!! I attached a pic of the finis

hed product

AngelFood4 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 6:46am
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie smalls 

I tried it and it worked GREAT!!! I REALLY love how smooth and easy it was to work with and the taste is great. The one i made tasted liek a tootsie roll....thank you again!!! I attached a pic of the finis

hed product

AWESOME!  So glad to see it worked great!  I love the texture of MMF with the chocolate or melts added to it...plus it's so easy to get dark colors with.

Thank you kikiandkyle for refering my blog icon_biggrin.gif

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 6:57am
post #9 of

I am also loving the candy melts MMF, so I'm happy to refer it! Thanks for posting it, I've found so many great tips on there. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%