Dawn Bakers Request Cake Mix Anyone?

Baking By ang28 Updated 28 Jun 2014 , 2:06pm by DEEDEE6

ang28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang28 Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 13

AHas anyone used Dawn Bakers Request Cake Mix for commercial use? Does anyone have a formula for it? Thank you for your responses [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

12 replies
erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 13

I used Dawn cake mixes when I worked for a bakery and it was quite yummy and easy to make.  There were instructions right on the bag through - something like 5kg cake mix, 20 eggs, oil and water.  Throw it all together and mix for 5 mins.  It came together super quick and was good for stacking cakes.  And yummy :)

artudcrys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artudcrys Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 13

hi can u please tell me where from u take the dawn cake mix ( and yes its briliant )

ang28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang28 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 1:13am
post #4 of 13

AI'm thinking about using dawns cake mix for my new bakery. Because of consistency and efficiency reasons when hiring bakers. It's hard to rely on people's baking skills, and because I'm not always going to be there to bake, I'm looking for a good quality mix for my product. Thats why I need advise from anyone that had used dawn Bakers Request mix... This line is the one that doesn't need eggs, just oil and water. Thanks

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 4:26am
post #5 of 13

I've used Dawn for years. They have multiple grades of many of their products, so you need to compare them side by side in a tasting. I only used the ones that needed eggs, oil and h2o. I don't think there is a better product out there, unless you go scratch.

twinlilsesny03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinlilsesny03 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 13

How do you mix for only a few pounds? to me the directions are confusing...3 steps adding mix at different times...i just dont get it...HELP.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 13

Your adding water at two different times. Because if you add it all at once you'll have too much liquid that will bounce out of your mixer.

bitterrum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bitterrum Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 13

AHow can I devided Dawn bakers request into One or two pound batches

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 13

AUse an accurate digital scale.

Jillian Phelan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillian Phelan Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 12:19am
post #10 of 13

A

Original message sent by Stitches

I've used Dawn for years. They have multiple grades of many of their products, so you need to compare them side by side in a tasting. I only used the ones that needed eggs, oil and h2o. I don't think there is a better product out there, unless you go scratch.

Jillian Phelan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillian Phelan Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 12:22am
post #11 of 13

AHi I've used Dawns Chocolate and Vanilla flavour mixes and they're great but would like to now buy it in bulk but have no joy in contacting the company/ reps or UK suppliers. Can anyone help me? Many thanks

Not Just Baking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Not Just Baking Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 7:42pm
post #12 of 13

I contacted their customer service 1800-248-1144 and asked for info. The rep asked my geographical location and connected me to the rep for my area. How this is helpful.

DEEDEE6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEEDEE6 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 2:06pm
post #13 of 13

Good morning

Has anyone used Dawn Bakers Request Cake Mix with oil and water for commercial use It's a 50 lb. bag ? Does anyone have a formula for it? I'm doing a 2 tier wedding cake 8 in and 12in round.

How would I mix up only a few pounds? to me the directions are confusing...3 steps adding mix at different times...I just dont get it...HELP PLEASE

Thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%