I Need Some Help

Decorating By mom2twins76 Updated 11 Jul 2013 , 12:55am by MamaWa

mom2twins76 Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 7

A friend of mine found this cake that she wants me to make.  Can anyone help me with how the fondant was made to have a outward curl to it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!





6 replies
icer101 Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, they are individual rose petal, worked with a ball too and placed around the cake. Seen many of these on the internet, pinterest, etc.hth

DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 7

AThis is very similar to the "frill cake". I'm using my phone so I can't tell I'd they used petal cutters or a border cutter. In either case, the ball tool or a cel stick is used to frill & curl the edges.

SaltCakeCity Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 7

Hey Mom 2 Twins!!

      I'm guessing those are individual flower petals that have been ruffled just slightly with a ball tool and a flower pad, then left to dry just slightly. Then you can just place them on the cake one by one and they should keep their shape with the ruffly edge. I did that technique with these flower petals for this cake. Just make sure to make more petals that you even think you'll need :) Good luck!


sixbittersweets Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 7

I think this tutorial is similar to what you're looking for: http://cakecentral.com/tutorial/petal-cake and here's another post that describes the process: http://www.mamawacakes.com/2012/07/ombre-petal-cake-variations.html HTH!



mom2twins76 Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 12:00am
post #6 of 7

Thank-you SO much everyone for your help!  It is greatly appreciated!

MamaWa Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 12:55am
post #7 of 7

Sixbittersweets!  Thank you for referring to my website!  That always makes me happy when someone finds my blog helpful!!! icon_biggrin.gif




Quote by @%username% on %date%