First Time Making Cupcakes From Scratch

Baking By MaJa34 Updated 8 Feb 2013 , 6:46am by renettabarrett

MaJa34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaJa34 Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 5

Last night I wanted to make delicious and fluffy cupcakes but they turn out the complete opposite. They were very hard, difficult to swallow and taste less. I decided to make red velvet with cocoa and they were horrible. It took all my hopes of making a business out of it. Cream cheese with a hint of almond extract frosting was a disaster! I never achieve the right creamy consistency I want it, it was more like melted chocolate. I really need an advice on this. :-?

4 replies
Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 5

what recipe did you use for the icing?  I find the "Decorators cream cheese icing' on this site to be very good.  It makes a very stiff icing which I think is great for cupcakes.  If I need to ice a cake with it I thin it down.

MaJa34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaJa34 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 5

AI used 8oz of cream cheese, 1stick of butter 1/2 cup of raspberry preserves for one, and the same for another without raspberries with almond extract.

MariahS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariahS Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

Did you not use any powdered/confectioner's sugar? If you didn't, then that is why your icing was too thin and probably didn't taste right. If you did use some, you may not have used enough. I am with the previous poster though - the decorator's cream cheese recipe on this site is good for cupcakes.

As far as your cake, can you share the recipe you used? Maybe someone here can figure out what went wrong and help fix it??

renettabarrett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renettabarrett Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 6:46am
post #5 of 5

everything happens for the first timeicon_biggrin.gif so no need to be be afraid. you will do great. you can visit here

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%