Cake Stackers System

Decorating By Mad Batter Updated 3 Feb 2013 , 1:41am by SaltCakeCity

Mad Batter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mad Batter Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 2

I saw an old thread on the cake stackers system... I was wondering if anyone has used it and how they like it? I bought an expensive set and used it one time for my daughters wedding cake and I HATED it!!! It turned my cake black inside where all the metal pcs were inside the cake and it was FAR from sturdy. I had to transport the cake about 25 miles or so and I really had my doubts that it would get there in one piece! It was ridiculous :(

I contacted the company and they only said they are sorry and to try washing my pcs in simple green. BTW I did wash everything before using it but not in simple green. I was so disgusted with it, I havent touched it since last July. 

1 reply
SaltCakeCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaltCakeCity Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 1:41am
post #2 of 2

I'm so sorry! I don't use stacking systems because I hate them as well. I've transported my stacked cakes over an hour (and through the winding roads in the mountains) with nothing but straws in the tiers for internal support and one center dowel through the whole cake so there's no movement and I've never had a problem (knock on wood). I've done as big as 5-tiers but I don't like it when they're that all in the back of the SUV but if it's 4-tiers or less, straws and 1 dowel is the way to go. Go back to the basics :) 

Happy caking!

Jennifer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%