Christening Cake

Decorating By mommyjones Updated 2 Feb 2013 , 6:10pm by -K8memphis

mommyjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyjones Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 3

Okay so I have an order for my first Christening cake in April., I have a base price so far, which is $84, but I am having trouble trying to price out the rest of it. Can someone help me out please. They want two tiers (the top tier and the bottom tier-same look for the tiers, just a different cross). The are looking to serve 20, so I told them I would do a 6 in and an 8 in. Please I could use some help with pricing!! Thanks!!!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 3

i think a certain amount of decorating comes included with the base price

i think it goes over the base a bit on the horizontal drape on top tier and the flowers of course

are you doing the five inch top flower??

if you just think about how much the flowers alone weigh--how much actual product you will buy plus the time to not only make but also to apply all of them successfully that can give you the start of that big bad price

same thinking on the horizontal drape but maybe toss in the drape if you price the 5" topper flower at $20-$25 -- give or take

and i try to give one price w/o giving me or the client a minutia headache

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 3

but a 20 serving is more like a 7x4

and that makes that top flower only 3 inches--much better than the 5" one for the six inch tier

a 6" alone serves 14--you are giving them nearly twice the servings with an 8x6

to me this is where the minimum dollar amount comes in handy

sometimes you go quoting them a price and they say, oh well we only need five servings really

~~~just chatting about your cake~~~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%