I'm Just Wondering... (Professional Bakery's) Question...

Business By LovelyCakes4Us Updated 1 Feb 2013 , 12:44am by DeliciousDesserts

LovelyCakes4Us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCakes4Us Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 12:24am
post #1 of 2

AJust wondering, do you think (ANY) professional bakery's use pre made "butter cream" such as Sams butter cream (other brands) buckets and modify them to make them taste better?

I did a little experiment today, I bought a bucket of Sams Club "butter cream" now I did not like the taste of it- however I mixed a little this and some of that and voila it taste amazeballs! I'm not one to care for sugared down baked goods, I use real butter, hi-ratio shortening, whipping cream and so on and so fourth in my go-to recipe.. I can't say the modified Sams butter cream was better then my go-to recipe but boy did it come close!

I know people buy buckets of butter cream to save on time, so why modify it? Well it taste crazy good! So no snarkles please on 'why would I buy a bucket just to add more ingredients' that's not what I'm asking :).

1 reply
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 12:44am
post #2 of 2

AThere is a very reputable very expensive bakery in my town that purchase the frosting cube. People love it.

I wondered about the time saving money saving aspects. I purchase the block. It was very leads expensive than my personal buttercream. It didn't save much time. You still have to mix it & spruce it up.

I did taste tastes with brides, planners, etc. sadly, it was about 1/2 & 1/2. The ones that liked mine more really preferred it. Some people couldn't tell the difference. I can, my husband can, & some of my clients can so now I make my own.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%