they just look like little buds/blobs on stems/wires
on the left the second one up--
it looks like there's a cluster of them or there's some feathery petals around it?
At Michaels I saw little charms in the cake section. Maybe buy wire in floral dept (comes in pks of different gauges) cut to length and put a loop with charm in loop. I think the charms were part of Duff's collection but it has been a while since I saw them - even Hobby Lobby has some great cake items. Good luck
for what it's worth--the sunflowers are incongrous to that blingy design to me
but whatever the bride wants of course but it's cross purposes to moi
i think the cake designer feels it too and that's what the silver buds are for--
to oomphy up the rustic sunflowers closer to the bling
love each element though and very pretty cake
Thank you so much. I will go check it out and see what I can come up with.
I agree with the comment on these silver things. I do not like them but it is what the bride wants. I have tried to change her mind but she likes this cake. Thanks again for the help. Hope you are both having a great day.
The silver items standing up around the Sunflower cake could be made as follows:
- Cut a length of 33-gauge silver florestry wire into even lenghts and make a small hook at one end of each wire
- Take 5 tiny balls of white gumpaste and apply a little glue to hooked end of the wires, then push them into the balls of paste. (use glue very sparingly)
- Roll each ball into a cone shape and leave to dry up right - stand them up in a prepared dry oasis. ( make holes for wires and insert lenghts of plastic straws into holes)
- Spray with silver mist colour, or paint with edible silver lustre dust mixed with a little vodka and allow to dry.
- To asemble - position the 5 finished wires a few inches or higher above the level of each sunflower and secure with white floristry tape
- Stretch out the wires around the sunflower - as seen in the cake picture you uploaded, and trim to required size
Good luck with the cake! I am sure that you will make a great job of it. Let me know how you get on.
Thank you. I am sure going to try that also. I thank you so much for your help. Hope you have a great day. Thanks again
If you colour the little blobs grey before you paint them silver you get a better silver colour.
That is a great idea will have to try it. I wonder if that would work better with the fondant pearls that I am making. Thanks again for the help. Hope you have a great day.
I tried to make the silver around the flowers. Every time they were to big, and not looking great around the sunflowers. The bride bought a topper with crystal's in it so talked to the bride and we came up with crystal's on wire to look like dew drops. This is the final cake. Thanks for all your help.