Airbrush Advise

Decorating By Bleighva Updated 31 Jan 2013 , 9:45pm by dkltll

Bleighva Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 12:24am
post #1 of 4

I have been interested in purchasing an airbrush for cake decorating but I have to admit I don't know much about them.... What brand of airbrush machine is good?  Anybody have any adive out there for when you are buying your first airbrush machine?


3 replies
metria Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 4

You will need at least one "airbrush" and one "air compressor".  Basically, the "airbrush" is what you hold in your hand (silvery metal looking thing).  The "compressor" is the motor lookin' thing and a hose connects the two.  There are available "kits" that sell the necessary items together.

metria Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

When looking at specifications for air compressors, you want something that is appropriate in handling low PSI.  There are several compressors marketed for crafts such as cake decorating.


Here is a site that sells kits for cake decorating:

dkltll Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 4

I bought mine at Michael's - it is branded by Duff Goldman. I really like it, it's small but does what I need it to do. It takes regular airbrush colors (like Americolor). HTH (Looks like you can by it directly from DG and cheaper than I paid at Michael's.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%