Ron Ben-Israel Gumpaste Flower Cake Separator System

Decorating By tnite Updated 29 Jan 2013 , 7:04pm by SugaredSaffron

tnite Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 6

I know there are different systems out there for the placement of gumpaste flowers inbetween cake tiers.  Does anyone know what kind of system Ron Ben-Israel utilizes?

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 6



there are systems for this?


i made my own up


and went more crazed and more cross eyed doing it


are you sure? where?


or did you just think so


i've never heard of rbi systems


i just figured he made it up too




he's got a former intern around here though--prolly sworn to secrecy understandably detective.gif

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 6

y'know what? i had my brain wrapped around tilt-a whirl and tupsy turvy cakes


of which rbi is a master


and you never said those kinds of cakes at all--so don't mind me at all


see i told you i went crazy engineering my own--i didn't intend on proving it right then though


but still i'm not sure i know of any systems that you don't diy


but maybe there are some



tnite Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 6

I'm sure every cake designer has their own way of doing things, thus creating there own systems to stack a cake and placing their flowers strategically inbetween tiers. It also depends on the design as to what serparator one is to use. You probably misunderstood that by me saying system there is one out there manufactured for that sole purpose. Troubleshooting is one of a cake decorators best qualities to solve a cake problem. stacking is one of them.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 6

is there a certain design you mean?


like the tower of roses or something?

SugaredSaffron Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 6

AI don't know about RBI but polystyrene dummy separators smaller and shorted than the tiers, with the flowers inserted in works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%