Are These Pleats Or Ruffles?

Decorating By bpcbutterfly Updated 29 Jan 2013 , 4:24pm by shanter

bpcbutterfly Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 4:01am
post #1 of 4
3 replies
icer101 Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 4:07am
post #2 of 4

You can ruffle it in sections, then put on cake, or you can ruffle it in sections after putting it on cake. Once you have applied it, you can lift it our in sections with a g/p tool and it will stay. dont, mess with it after it starts drying . do it quickly. I would p/m the person who did this cake. I am sure she iwill help you on your question. hth

bpcbutterfly Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your reply. I did PM her but she hasnt responded. What I cannot determine is if this is shaped around a towel or ruffled by thinning and straigtening a curve out. I'm guessing shaped/folded, but wanted other views.

shanter Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 4

I believe those are flat, straight strips of fondant that you pleat as you apply the strip to the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%