Pink Champagne Filling Recommendation

Baking By lewisjoan Updated 29 Jan 2013 , 11:26am by hieperdepiep

lewisjoan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lewisjoan Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 7

Hello All

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

I am hoping to ask you all for your great advice.

I am going to be baking the pink champagne cake recommended by this forum.

Can I please ask, what filling has worked well for you all?

Which filling just dazzles your clients especially brides?

Thank you in advance for being so helpful.

--Monica Melgoza

6 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 7

Your choice of fillings will depend on local factors.

A good combination is cake and buttercream BOTH containing pink champagne.  But if your bride or your community does not accept alcohol, then that option is out.

Do some local homework at bakeries, asking if they sell pink champagne cake and what fillings they sell with it. Pretend to be a bridezilla asking about your own party...and check their prices while you are at it.

You should also buy a few dram bottles of the LorAnn champagne flavour (online if not at local Michaels) because that stuff added a drop at a time gives a little boost to any pink champagne recipe.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a pink champagne cake this weekend but I used Prosecco since it was an experiment and not for anyone but me and my husband!  I used the crusting bc recipe and replaced all the liquid (water, vanilla and almond flavoring ) with less than 1/4 c of Prosecco and a splash of water combined.  I mixed it in until it was the right consistency for me to ice between layers and outside.  I didn't want the overwhelming taste of the liquor but I didn't know what other flavorings might complement and not clash.

http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/e/e0/900x900px-LL-e0361b39_champagnecakecut.jpeg

Interested to see what others say...

Theresa

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 7

When I made a pink champagne cake, I used raspberry filling and everyone loved it.  I would be interested to see what other people are using to fill theirs.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 7

I absolutely love pink champagne cake; it's definitely one of my very favorites to make. I use pink champagne when making the cake and add just a drop of food coloring to the batter to give it a very pastel pink shade. When making a 'double' batch, there is still some champagne left. I very gently simmer this on the stove top until it is reduced and 'syrupy.' Then, after cooling, I add this to my favorite buttercream recipe, along with vanilla. The buttercream made this way is very good, not too sweet, and perfectly compliments the cake.

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 12:44am
post #6 of 7

What goes better with champagne than strawberries?

I've done a pink champagne cake before.  I torted it and filled with vanilla buttercream and a thin layer of seedless strawberry jam between each layer.  It tasted great and looked pretty too.

hieperdepiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hieperdepiep Posted 29 Jan 2013 , 11:25am
post #7 of 7

Besides a filling with fresh or preserved strawberries or raspberries, a filling with poached pears is very gourmet-like as well. It does not add any special effect to the colors, but it is a very sophisticated filling and goes perfect with champagne.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%