Rit On Cookies

Baking By sweet_tooth_0710 Updated 25 Jan 2013 , 2:19pm by sweet_tooth_0710

sweet_tooth_0710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 6

Hi. I am completely new to decorated sugar cookies so I have no clue what I'm doing, but my friends let me try out different things for birthday parties and such icon_biggrin.gif so I decided to give decorated sugar cookies a try. A friend of mine has asked for decorated Bubble Guppies cookies for her little girl's birthday party. So, I was wondering, since there is NO WAY I could free had the characters, if it is possible to do a RIT and then somehow attach it to the cookie? Or maybe a color flow transfer? I have only ever done FBCT so I'm not totally sure if you do RIT the same way. Any helpful suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!

5 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 6

I would think that would be rather difficult to do the whole cookie.  Have you worked with fondant?  Many people cut the fondant shape, then decorate by adding details with other colors (you can layer, or to avoid buildup, cut out and piece in) or with food markers.  Attach the fondant to the cookies with a thin brushing of corn syrup.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 6

Hello and welcome! I highly recommend looking up Montreal Confections on youtube or you can google her and go to her blog. She has several dozen tutorials that explain all about cookie decorating, but one in particular is her "stamping" method, where she draws her image in reverse on paper, then she used a sheet of glass or plexiglass to make a RI stamp, and then 2 days later she "stamps" onto her fondant, or chocolate clay, heck, even MMF would work. You have got to watch this video, she is awesome! She also explains it better than I ever could. I am posting the direct link. Hope I don't get into trouble for doing this, but this lady is absolutely genius with her cookie masterpieces.

http://montrealconfections.blogspot.com/2012/08/fondant-cookie-decorating-tutorial-video.html

You will absolutely love watching this, all your cookies are uniform also.

Hope this helps.

sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both for replying! I love the idea of using fondant, I would have never thought of using it. But something I forgot to mention...I was going to mail these cookies to my friend. She lives in NY and I live in VA. Do you think the fondant will hold up in shipping? I have watched tons of videos on mailing cookies. So, I'm confident that that will make it safely, I was just thinking about the fondant and if it will be all messed up when it reaches NY. If it will hold up I will definitely use the stamping method..that is genius! And maybe Wilton markers because I'm not so confident in my piping skills. 

sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 12:54am
post #5 of 6

ABump

sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 6

Anyone please?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%