shirley6 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 12:21pm
post #1 of

ok i saw this  pic on a web site of a lighthouse  i so love lighthouses and want to do this or any cake with a lighthouse cake really bad for my 40th birthday but i have never done something like this the most i have done is angry birds out of rice krispys and if i could get it to light up that would be a great plus please help if anyone can thanks shirley

3 replies
Texan Aunt Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 2:06pm
post #2 of

My suggestion would be to wrap a slab of Rice Krispies around a PVC pipe that has a cheap LED flashlight ductaped inside. You can carve the Rice Krispies down to the right shape and then royal ice and put fondnat on.

costumeczar Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 2:56pm
post #3 of

You can get little tealight candle lights that light up and are round, so that might work. I use little bulbs that you twist at the base to turn on, and they stay on for quite a while. they have them at craft stores in the wedding section usually...I don't know what they're called, they're just little bulbs with a twist-on base to turn them on.

For a small lighthouse like that I'd make it out of Rice Krispies then put the light in the top when it was time to display it.

shirley6 Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 1:33pm
post #4 of

thanks for the ideas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%