Family Issues

Lounge By CakesByJen2 Updated 16 May 2013 , 6:08am by MissMona

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 May 2013 , 8:18pm
post #31 of 40

AGemmal, funny you should metion the cooking as well as the affection! Just last night we were eating dinner and it was so good, and my kids were all, "YES!!!" When I told them what we were having. I told them, "man, you guys have it good, you have a mommy who loves you, and is a good cook, and even provides age and gender appropriate clothing for you, and you guys have more toys than you know what to do with!" I didn't have any of that!! Even to this day, my mom's cooking is inedible, and she buys clothes clothes for my kids that are either too big or too small, or too babyish or too grown up, or too country-western, or old people looking, lol. We are not picky, fancy or trendy, but a boy child's pants shouldn't flare at the bottom, and 9 year old girls don't wear padded shoulders, hahaha!

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 15 May 2013 , 9:48am
post #32 of 40

Heehee, Annabakescakes, your kids are lucky! I think some genes just miss some people, mind you, don't judge me (or tell my boyfriend) but on the night's he's out and I'm only doing dinner for me, I get to indulge in either microwaved chips with sketti hoops and cheese on top or a blackened fish finger sarnie both mum's inventions! Scarred for life I tells ya! Hahahahaha 

Annabakescakes Posted 15 May 2013 , 12:56pm
post #33 of 40

A

Original message sent by gemmal

Heehee, Annabakescakes, your kids are lucky! I think some genes just miss some people, mind you, don't judge me (or tell my boyfriend) but on the night's he's out and I'm only doing dinner for me, I get to indulge in either microwaved chips with sketti hoops and cheese on top or a blackened fish finger sarnie both mum's inventions! Scarred for life I tells ya! Hahahahaha 

That sounds nauseating, lol! I am glad you like it, though ;-) when I was single, I would cook the same basic things for my kids, spaghetti, fried chicken, pizza, barbecue, lots of rice dishes, or breakfast for dinner or bacon and eggs... But I hardly ate a thing. I was a size 6 from the time 3 months after I had my daughter, until she was 2 1/2. After I met my DH, I are like a starving person and am now trying to lose 40 lbs!! I will never be a 6 again, I would love to be a 9/10!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 May 2013 , 12:58pm
post #34 of 40

AOh, and when alone, when my kids were at their father's house, I would eat a bowl of cereal for dinner! Or tuna on wheat with mayo, or drink a can of soup out of a travel coffee mug ;-) When I was in school, I ate out of a vending machine, cinnamon rolls, soy burgers, and candy bars, with Mt. Dew. Bleh!! Sounds nauseating to me, now!

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 15 May 2013 , 4:22pm
post #35 of 40

ADinner at yours! Sounds luuurvly. My brothers fave, no word of a lie was microwaved ham and sugar sarnies! All I did was take beans on toast, which I heard is meant to be one of the most balanced meals you can have, replaced the toast with chips, been with hoops and all the vitamins and minerals with cheese, mmmmmmm cheeeeeese. I'm in the UK and they have just started selling mountain dew energy, the luminous yellow bottles and I have to say that stuff gave me heart palpitations! Seriously freaky in a bottle.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 15 May 2013 , 4:58pm
post #36 of 40

AWow I can't believe Mountain Dew passed any UK food laws!

I grew up in the UK eating burnt fish fingers (fish sticks here), and oven chips (fries). My daily school lunch was chips with baked beans, cheese and ketchup. Every single day of high school, all five years. And yes they are comfort foods to me now, as are tinned potatoes, and French bread pizzas...

I cook fresh for my family every day, but when I'm eating alone I eat some junk, I can tell you.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:51pm
post #37 of 40

AWhat the hell is wrong with our families?!! Your supposed to feel loved and secure growing up not like a piece of crap!! It seriously breaks my heart that you guys went through this but on the upside look how strong you guys are, I had an okayish upbringing but now I'm 27 I'm experiencing problems. I feel like I just can't compete with my sister- my mum does everything with her and for her, she has a husband and three kids by the way! Whilst they do there thing I'm stuck at home minding the kids-don't get me wrong they are my life, but I just feel so unloved and I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I always put them first but when it comes to me I'm a second thought, I feel like I should move out because I feel like I don't belong in this family! Hoping for things to change but I fear they never will, I guess I just have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me vent xx

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 16 May 2013 , 3:32am
post #38 of 40

ACakealicious that was why I left home, I was just an unpaid sitter for my younger siblings. Well technically I was kicked out, as they asked me to start paying rent on my 18th birthday and wanted more than I had to pay for my own place, but you know what I mean. I was already buying my own food and clothes by then, and paying for my phone.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 16 May 2013 , 4:00am
post #39 of 40

Kikiandkyle, I was the sitter, cook, maid....and when I was 18, I had just gotten my first full time job and hadn't been working that long.  When I got my first paycheck, I was expected to buy the groceries for the entire family.  One day, I got home from work and there was a letter from my grandparents on my father's side addressed to me....and it was opened.  I asked my mom who  opened it and she said she did.  I told her that I was old enough to open my own mail and was entitled to some privacy.  She told me if I wanted my privacy to get my a** out, so I told her I'd be gone by Friday...that was Wednesday.  It totally shocked her that I was going to leave and she didn't believe I was really going to until I packed what little I had and left.  She kept telling me that I could never make it on my own and I'd come crawling back asking to live there again.  Guess what?  I didn't.  I was determined to make it on my own after that.  I just felt sorry for my sister, because all of a sudden everything that I always did was dumped in her lap with no training or assistance from my  mom.  She always felt my older  brother was, and still is, the perfect child, even when he stole from her on 3 different occasions.  It's really crazy where some parents put their feelings with regard to their kids, and where they don't.  I felt I was the lucky one getting out of there when I did.  I'm a stronger person for it, and I had my husband's family to show me what a REAL family was supposed to be like.  I think that helped a lot, because I was accepted unconditionally...and loved completely by all of them.  They actually became my family in more ways than one.  My sister and my dad are the only two of my family that I keep in touch with and get together with.  My parents were divorced when I was young and it wasn't until I was 18 that I got to know what a wonderful man my father was, and found out what a witch my mother was.

MissMona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMona Posted 16 May 2013 , 6:08am
post #40 of 40

I am really sorry for each of you, what you've had to go through.  My grandparents adopted me when I was 9 months and I met my birth mother a few years back at her family reunion.  As we were driving away I called my father and thanked him for getting me out of there!!!!  :)  But I hear what y'all are saying about family.  I've always loved all of my family and enjoyed being with them.  My mom's sister and her kids have always visited from Ohio, at least once a year and we always had good times, camping, skiing, just hanging out.  About ten years ago her daughter moved across the street from us.  We totally live in the country, she's from Cincinnati.  At first things were great, our girls are 6months apart in age and loved each other like sisters.  Long story short...she hates me now.  And her and her husband have made it their life's mission to destroy us.  It's one thing after another, cops showing up randomly, chaos....  It began with one of my grandkids (my husband is 15 years older so I have grandkids older than my kids) squirting her daughter with a .50 water gun and when she cried to her mommy, she got in her mini van and threw gravel all over the house and other five children standing in the yard as she left!  I was angry because she had no regard for their safety.  It's gotten completely out of control since then.  Now we live with cameras on our house, them standing at the fence watching everything we do, waiting for us to make a mistake.  She's even caught me out at the store and threatened to kick my a??.  

So, even though I thought I had it really good and escaped that craziness....I guess I really didn't.  Now I have to hide my car behind my house and come and go from the back to prevent flat tires, stolen gas and keyed paint job.  I don't put a garden out because I don't like being yelled at while I work.  My kids can't ride their bikes in our private lane for them yelling at them too.  It's really kinda creepy.  Oh, and it really bothers me to see so much in the news these days to stop bullying but it's all geared toward children.  Even the police here won't help us and think it's stupid.  When other family members tell me they don't want to get involved, I say, yeah, me either.  icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%