Cake Box Organization

Business By Merry2go Updated 22 Jan 2013 , 1:00pm by tracyaem

Merry2go Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry2go Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 12:18am
post #1 of 6

What do you all use to help organize all the different sizes of cake boxes?  I just have mine stacked on top of each other on a shelf.  It's such a pain to lift the stack to get to the larger boxes on the bottom.

Thanks, Mary

5 replies
PamCakesDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PamCakesDesigns Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 1:14am
post #2 of 6

We had a carpenter make a wooden box similar to this to store our boxes.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 1:25am
post #3 of 6

AWe initially tried storing cake boxes vertically but they started to warp over time, so we had a cabinet built (we used California Closets, but if you are on a budget you can probably find something similar at Ikea) that was wide enough and deep enough for the largest box (half-sheet) folded in half with several additional shelves for each size.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 6

You can buy the closet wire shelving at Lowes or Home Depot really cheaply, I built out my under-stairs closet with it. It comes in various sizes too.

Merry2go Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry2go Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 1:22am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all!  I'll look into all your suggestions.  Gotta make life easier where we can.

tracyaem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracyaem Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 1:00pm
post #6 of 6

I found a cheap art display stand (I think I paid ~$40 for it on an online clearance). I can't find a pic of the exact one, but this is similar. I found the pre-fabbed shelving units weren't deep enough for the large boxes. I do stack my smaller boxes on shelves but this works for the larger ones.

Roundabout Double Tier Art Bins & Art Racks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%