How Much?

Business By thebrat68 Updated 20 Jan 2013 , 1:24am by thebrat68

thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 8

A FRIEND... Calls me today and asks me to make this cake for her by Wed.day for here niece. I will be carving the pepsi can out of cake and they need a 9x13. What would you charge for this. I know I can do it but I have never charges anyone for my work until this year. Thank you

7 replies
thebrat68 Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 8

also it will be iced in butter cream the can will be covered in MMF and it will be filled with buttercream... Sorry 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 8

AHow much will it cost you to make it, including time to shop, bake and clean up? And how much time will it take you? My minimum for a carved cake is $175 to 200 because they take a long time to do.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 8

is it standing up or laying down?

how big yah gonna make it?

unashamedly charge a lot

like costumeczar recommends

thebrat68 Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 8

So sorry for the scattered way I posted this on was on the last 15 minutes of my lunch break when she text me with a pic of what she want and I was in such a rush I forgot to post the pic... I was going to do the can out of cake because I have never worked with RCT.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

hmmm--i would do the can for about $45 give or take and then add on the # of sevings times your per serving rate for the base cake

looks like that's on a square cake rather than a 'sheet' cake which often is a rectangle if that's of any matter

that's a really cute cake!

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 8

but i would give the price to the client in one amount

i would not differentiate the price of the can and the price of the cake

thebrat68 Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 1:24am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for the advice... because I did not have time to research this... It being last second and I am still working a full time job...  your help was greatly needed 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%