-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 8:52pm
post #1 of

edited to say--someone else started this post but their post has disappeared--this is my answer to whatever it was they asked ;)

 

i'm not familar with that formula

 

but here's some possible helps:

 

https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8756-icicle-candy.aspx

 

https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8757-coal-candy.aspx

 

of course hot sugar and hot glass can be extremely dangerous use caution--be safe!

 

and isomalt can be hazardous to some tummies so i like to recommend sugar

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 8:58pm
post #2 of

That's too much corn syrup, you don't need that much. It probably didn't get hot enough in the microwave either. You need to get a sugar thermometer to make sure it's getting to 300 degrees. Just use 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup corn syrup and a little water, then heat it to about 300, take it off the stove and pour it into the molds. Make sure that the molds are heatproof! Don't stir the sugar while it's cooking or it could crystallize.

cckim Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 9:20pm
post #3 of

AHow long until its completely hard? Should I put it in fridge? Will it melt once its put on cake? Thank you so much!

costumeczar Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 9:31pm
post #4 of

It needs to totally cool off before you try to take them out of the mold. It will take a while if they're regular ice cube sized, since those are pretty thick, but putting them in the fridge will speed it up. Are you just using ice cube trays for the mold? Make sure to spray a little cooking spray inside to grease the mold so that they come out easier.

-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 9:32pm
post #5 of

don't put it in frige

 

it should be hard when it's room temperature

 

mine don't melt when i put them on cakes

 

 

yours dioesn't sound cooked enough

 

these directions contain a lot of important information for you

 

 

again, be very very careful with hot sugar and glassware

 

Quote:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%