Sugar Veil Help

Decorating By Bakers_Wife_09 Updated 10 Oct 2015 , 1:54am by Jeff_Arnett

Bakers_Wife_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakers_Wife_09 Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 8

I made some sugar veil lace that I want to attach to buttercream. Do I just stick it on when the buttercream is still wet or is there a way I can attach it after the butercream has crusted?

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 8

the sugar veil people can take good care of you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 8

i would just a take a little bit of leftover dried sugar veil and place it on the uncrusted buttercream

and see if it dissolved

then i'd just test it a bit on crusted bc

but the sugar veil people are very helpful and quick to respond

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 8

AIt will adhere best if your buttercream has not crusted.

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks, guys! Bakers wife, SugarVeil sticks to any surface (including you). If the buttercream has crusted, you can moisten the back side of the SugarVeil decoration just a little bit (a slightly moistened fingertip is the best vehicle) and it will stick readily.

Do let us know if you've any further questions. One of the best ways to get our attention quickly is via our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/sugarveilicing (and there's also lots of great cakes to look at from all different parts of the world) - thank you!

doodie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodie68 Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 8

I made the mistake of using piping gel!!! Don't do it! Everything is so sticky it rolls up on itself !! So I used my homemade sugar glue. Only very very lightly however. It's easier with the buttercream NOT crusted but if it is u can ever so lightly brush the sugar glue over it and brush it on the buttercream. 

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 8

Hi Doodie - All we use to adhere SugarVeil to any surface is a tiny bit of water on a fingertip touched to a few places on the back of the SugarVeil decoration, so you might try that, too. Everyone has their own way of working with SugarVeil, but normally it'll stick to just about any surface as-is (without the moisture) with a tiny bit of pressure.

The drop-down list under the word "Create" here on our home page shows many helpful tips as well: www.sugarveil.com.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 1:54am
post #8 of 8

I use Sugar Dress rather than Veil, but I’d imagine both work very similarly.  I ice my cakes and chill them…probably not necessary but I like the firm surface when trying to attach something so that it isn’t so easy to mar.

I take my lace, place it face down on a clean hard surface, then pat all over the back side with a damp paper towel…not too wet, just enough to sort of moisten the lace.  It will adhere really easily this way.

*Last edited by Jeff_Arnett on 10 Oct 2015 , 1:54am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%