Is Anyone Else Getting Tired Of Shipping?

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 15 Jan 2013 , 1:20pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 11

I can't believe the amount of money companies are charging for shipping any more .. $8.00 to mail out a 4.00 cookie cutter?  That is twice the price of the item .. put it in a small padded envelope for crying out loud ... UNREALISTIC.  grrrrrr!

10 replies
jason_kraft Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 11

ASounds right to me, you can't ship much cheaper than $8 unless you go parcel post (or USPS first class for very light items, but most businesses standardize on UPS or Fedex).

Did you check how much the actual cost of the shipping for that item would be?

TheCakerator Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 12:56am
post #3 of 11

Sounds like highway robbery to me .. This cookie cutter is less then 1in in height, they could have easily put it in a padded envelope and shipped for 5.00 ..  They lost my business.  And yes, my husband does shipping/handling for a living and even he agreed the price was too high. 

AZCouture Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 12:58am
post #4 of 11

I paid $10 for a piece for my airbrush that if you dropped on the ground, you'd never find.'s kinda just the way it is.

AZCouture Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 12:59am
post #5 of 11

For the shipping that is...I think the piece was $9.00

ibeeflower Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 2:02am
post #6 of 11

Most businesses use UPS or FedEx as Jason mentioned. I have priced different items and the shipping is usually 9.00 or so. I shop around though. If I can find another vendor that will save me money then I go with them. I can understand where you are coming from.

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 2:32am
post #7 of 11

AI ordered some small 4"x 6"texture mats, paid $10 for shipping and HANDLING, and when they got here, plain as day, it said right on the mailing label the shipping cost $3.42. That really chapped my a$$!!! I get that they pay for boxes and for someone to stick them in there and the tape and all, but it feels better if they build that into the price, not the shipping!

Norasmom Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 3:06am
post #8 of 11

This is bothersome to me too!  I try to find things that have free shipping, not always easy!

TheCakerator Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 3:06am
post #9 of 11

It's frustrating that companies do that store of stuff Anna .. I can see multiple cutters online (ebay) with first class package through USPS for the same size cutters around $1.50 shipped (.50 additional cutters) .. If I could find the mini cutter I needed on there, I would definitely go that route .. Instead I'll just change my design idea ..

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 4:24am
post #10 of 11

AWhy don't you try making it yourself? I first made some when I had a cake to do with lilies on it. Each set had 2 cutters, and the large ones were $25 a set, and the small were too small, and they were out of medium, so I got some aluminum flashing from the hardware store, cut in strips, and made my own! Just bought the texture mat, and my flowers looked great! No I have made dozens of my cutters, from flowers to a tea pot to a tiny slice of bread! I either secure with aluminum tape or JB Weld, depending on how much time I have u til I need it:-)

TheCakerator Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 1:20pm
post #11 of 11

That's a great idea Anna .. Not sure if I'm crafty enough though lol .. I need tiny baby feet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%