Need Help To Make Edible Mcdonald's Spicy Chicken Sandwich And A Cup Of Iced Tea

Decorating By lovervenus Updated 14 Jan 2013 , 6:52pm by lovervenus

lovervenus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovervenus Posted 11 Jan 2013 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 8

Hello. I have to make a cake in March with  2 McDonald's Spicy Chicken Sandwich's plain and a glass of iced tea for a cake. I have done some searchs and have not found anything on making spicy Chicken Sandwich or a glass of iced tea. They want it to look like what you would buy in a McDonald's store. I am sure the bun of the sandwich's and the cup for the tea will not be to much of a problem for me. The problem is how to get the spicy chicken for the sandwich and the ice and the tea. So any help will be grateful. Thanks

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 8

the tea and ice are usually under a lid so i don't know how they would peel the lid off to even reveal the ice & the tea--but you could make a tea jelly and use big sugar crystals for the ice or pour some cooked sugar and then bust it up to make 'ice'

the chicken is it grilled or breaded & fried?

i would just start messing around with some fondant or american buttercream and whatever i thought  would mimic that surface--use some texturing--get some peaceful quiet time-let your brain and fingers fly

***i would buy the sandwich and tea to have a pattern to go by***

edited for typo

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 8

AI'd look up hamburger cakes and tweak colors and textures from there.

lovervenus Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 8

The chicken is breaded and fried. I have looked at the pictures online and it looks like it has a red tint and black pepper flakes.

Thanks for the idea's that sounds like a great idea. I did think about buying them and taking pictures and see what I could work out from that point. Thanks again hope you both have a great day!!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 8

i'm not looking at the fried chicken just going from memory

these are just maybe/maybe not options for that crunchy looking texture:

• wonder what potato flakes from instant mashed potatoes might do for texture

• or panko--prolly too fine

• or oatmeal! you could cut it the size you want on the cutting board or in a food processor maybe??

• coconut takes color great

• a few rice krispies tossed in?

• crumpled aluminum foil to use as an impression?

• if store bought edible glitter falls on a moist enough surface it melts in and looks polka dot-y in a weird way that might be used for the variance in texture and shading of a fried food

hope you might get to post a picture

best of the best to you

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 13 Jan 2013 , 1:07am
post #6 of 8

I don't know but I would so go to McDonalds and get some unused wrappers from them to put the sandwich on and use a brown tray with a placemat from there as a cake board...that would look so great!

lovervenus Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 8

This is such great idea's that I sure could use. I will post a picture after I get done. Thanks for you help!!!!

lovervenus Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 8

I am going to run by my McDonald's and see if I can get one of the papers. I had not thought about that so great idea and Thank you for you help!!!! I love all the great idea's everyone has come up with that is why I love Cake Central

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%