Best Cake Turntable?

Decorating By bittersweety Updated 10 Jan 2013 , 3:56am by lorieleann

bittersweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweety Posted 9 Jan 2013 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 3

hey all,

i'm online shopping right now looking for a good cake decorating turntable and i cant decide...any input? i want a heavy duty one that spins very smoothly...

thanks!

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Jan 2013 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 3

I have the Wilton Tilt-N-Turn Ultra Turntable (the new model retails for $80--I used a 50% off Michaels coupon) and I love it for the times that I need to tilt a cake to decorate.

What I use most is a large lazy susan--mine is 18" across--that cost me about $10.  It turns very smoothly on it's ball bearing, it's heavy, and suits my needs well.

I had a "professional" Ateco turntable for about 10 mins.--no ball bearings, the top didn't lock to the base, and it wobbled.  It was returned summarily.

Rae

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 10 Jan 2013 , 3:56am
post #3 of 3

i have the heavy Ateco (~$65) that has a pin on the bottom of the plate that fits into the base.  It turns well, but when you put weight on it it doesn't keep spinning well.  I wasn't happy with that.  I just got the Fat Daddios table with ball bearings that will keep moving a lot longer with minimal prompting.  While I haven't had a huge amount of weight on it, I am really happy with it so far.  I'd give it a thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%