New Moderators

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 8 Jan 2013 , 6:02pm by jgifford

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 6:20am
post #1 of 6

I have been here a while and read avidly for a year before becoming a member so I could post on a thread where a lady found a whole website of images she was sure did not belong to the caker who posted them. (And some pretty hilarious description about how they purposely make a mistake on each cake to give it personality, or some such drivel, and it sounded as if Louis Carol had written it while on acid) I had recognized one as a cake from Pink Cake Box and wanted to tell the world! lol

That whole thread was deleted and dozens of others that have the same subject, (perhaps decorators wouldn't still be stealing pictures at such an alarming rate if the posts had remained or been locked, and not just deleted, so they could know the etiquette, and how we all feel about it!) and hundreds more for whatever reason, with no explanation. I don't know how many times I would get a notification of a thread update to click it and have a message saying the thread I clicked doesn't exist! Or post a comment to find that the thread had been locked while I wrote! It was terribly frustrating that you couldn't disagree or have a debate! It seemed everything had to be sunshine, loli-pops and rainbows....

Then, suddenly, there was no moderation at all, and it got UGLY! lol

I say all this because I really want to say that I think the new moderators, Jen and Eve, are really doing a great job!  It is SO nice to see a warning to knock it off, than to see a thread locked, or just gone when it gets ugly, and be able to have a debate without it getting locked straight away! 

So, THANK YOU LADIES!!!

5 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 11:55am
post #2 of 6

Thank you to all the moderators and people who help run this site.  Like most clubs most of us just want to join in the fun without putting in the hard yards.  So another big THANYOU.   Your work is much appreciated.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 6

What they said!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 6

AAgreed...moderating is a tough job but they are doing great, and there has definitely been an improvement in terms of thread quality since they started.

ANDaniels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANDaniels Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 6

AAgreed. I mostly just stalk the threads instead of posting but since the new mods have started up quite a few threads that were headed towards ugly were put under control and the normal discussion could continue. So I give my thanks as well!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 6

It's always better to get rapped on the knuckles than conked over the head - - well, you know what I mean.  I agree - - great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%