The Love Of Baking, Lint On Fondant/gum Paste Any Tips?!

Decorating By LovelyCakes4Us Updated 7 Jan 2013 , 9:20pm by LovelyCakes4Us

LovelyCakes4Us Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 3

AI'm sure we all have this problem from time to time. Darn lint ended up on our amazing cake now what to do? What do you guys do when lint in on you're piece of art? So far I've just got a paint brush with a dab of water and try to get it off, but it ends up leaving a clearish mark o.O.

Tips that help (so far) Wear white cotton shirt Clean like crazy Use lint roller or piece of fondant on counter Wear gloves Use lint free paper towels

And of course there's still lint, I suppose it would only help if we worked in a bubble.

2 replies
DeniseNH Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 3

Trying to remove the little bugger with a damp paper towel just moves it around.  I'm wondering if touching it with a piece of sticky tape would do?  And if you ever get a water spot on your fondant quickly blot up the water with a paper towel then dip your finger into powdered sugar and rub on the spot, it will blend right in.

LovelyCakes4Us Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 3

AJeeze no wonder! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%