Logo Critique Please :)

Business By markfj Updated 8 Jan 2013 , 9:44pm by MsGF

crushed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crushed Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 1:50am
post #31 of 36

Love the second logo. The tagline is good as well, given what you said about many local bakeries not baking on site. It will set you apart, for sure.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 4:04pm
post #32 of 36

Oops........this post was in response to your opening post.

"Because you asked for our true opinions..........I'm sorry, it's not my idea of a good logo design. It doesn't say "cakes" or "dessert" to me at all.

Sometimes you have to get away from an image to really see it as other people do. You can have too much knowledge of your own business in your head that makes you think your design is saying all you want to people who aren't familiar with you. Place your logo on a piece of paper near other logos you admire and ask yourself if yours belongs in that grouping."

But you've come a long way with your second design and I think that design is MUCH, much better!! Your definately conveying a more professional look now. CONGRATS for not taking things personally and really adjusting to other peoples advise! Bravo.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 4:31pm
post #33 of 36

my honest american response to the new logo is that it is a very cool logo for a line of childrens' products

i really like it --it's very pleasant but i would not call you for any events for anyone over the age of 13-14 max

unless i already knew of your work

and my kids would not have let me either

that's how that reads to my american eyes

keep that for your kids products

a possible work around is to use a very small profile of the g-boy standing more like an adult maybe wearing a black vest maybe offering a tray or something

maybe a towel draped over his arm or something

like they are serving an adult party

icon_biggrin.gif

tykesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tykesmommy Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 4:57pm
post #34 of 36

AI kinda agree with k8. However, I also think that since little kids eventually grow up, and if they love your work, when they get bigger, they might still want to use you.

markfj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markfj Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 9:17pm
post #35 of 36

The most helpful replies I have had come from this forum :)

Thank you all for the feedback, I guess Im still a big kid at heart ;) But the design the logo designer did for me first as you first saw seemed a little juvenile to me.. so hence the second attempt by myself which I have sent back for him to touch up

I appreciate all your opinions and kind and constructive comments!

Mark

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 9:44pm
post #36 of 36

I like it.  I think it will be remembered by the customers and the kids too.  I totally think of a bakery when I see the little gingerbread man.  And it will stand out as different from the ordinary shop sign.  I don't think he is a seasonal character.  They are in the grocery store bakery all year where I live.

Good luck with the new shop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%