ThreeFifty Posted 6 Jan 2013 , 4:05pm
post #1 of

Hey guys. I found this on Facebook and thought I'd share it with ya'll. It's a non-profit, volunteer based company that creates, mostly birthday, cakes for kids with cancer. I encourage everyone to go check it out.

www.Facebook.com/CakesAgainstCancerForKids

They have contact information on their site if you'd like to participate or put in a child's name to receive a cake.

Happy Caking Everyone!

15 replies
ShellsSweetsIndy Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 3:29pm
post #2 of

I signed up as a baker this weekend! It is a wonderful thing that they do cannot wait to do my first cake and see a beautiful smile on a childs face. It will all be worth it :D

ThreeFifty Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 3:46pm
post #3 of

AThats wonderful! Im super excited to get my first call too!!

ThreeFifty Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 12:51pm
post #4 of

AI just delivered my first one on Wednesday!! What a blessing to be able to help out the family and make a sick child happy! I'm pretty sure the mama was more excited about the whole thing! She was just blown away with the whole process! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2915942/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

ShellsSweetsIndy Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 2:01am
post #5 of

Great Job. It is sad you had to do it to begin with, but awesome that you are able to.

remnant3333 Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 2:15am
post #6 of

Wow. What a cute cake!! 

crustdust Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 2:34am
post #7 of

AI just sent them a message too! What a great organization

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 4:37am
post #8 of

I am signed up, thanks so much for sharing! I love that someone thought this up and followed through with organizing it all, some people are so full of awesome.

ThreeFifty Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 12:28am
post #9 of

AThank you. I'm glad yall are interested in joining too!!! Love the organization, hate the reason behind it all. These kids are so sweet!! If you think about it, post pictures of the cakes you get to do!

manddi Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 12:48am

AI think I saw on the website that they're based in Kentucky. How far do they branch out?

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 12:54am

I am delivering one on the 30th :) Thank for letting us know about it!

ThreeFifty Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 2:07am

Yes that's where she originated it, however, it's nation wide. When someone registers a child on her website to receive a cake, she finds bakers in that area. All you have to do is send her a message letting her know you're interested in becoming a baker and she'll ask for you location and for some pictures of work you've done. After you've been "approved" she'll contact you if/when she needs a cake done in your area! That's it.

ThreeFifty Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 2:11am
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

I am delivering one on the 30th :) Thank for letting us know about it!

That's great! I can't wait to see pictures!! :) A friend of mine shared it with me and I thought maybe I could help spread the word...and what better place than on a site dedicated solely to CAKES!!!

cakesbylyssette Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:19am

I sent them an email yesterday, I hope they answer soon, I checked the golden ribbon bakers list and there's no bakers register in my area, I can't wait

ThreeFifty Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:58am

AThats awesome! I get to make my third cake for them in a couple weeks!!! :) Cathy, the founder, has been working on a warrior cake so she might not see the email until tomorrow. But I promise she'll get back to you very soon!!

puddykat1026 Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 5:19pm

I signed up yesterday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%