Sons 7Th Bday Wants Dual Characters!!

Decorating By xekahx Updated 2 Jan 2013 , 7:20pm by Marianna46

xekahx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xekahx Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 4

I make my kids cakes every year.... My soon to be 7 year old wants a toy on his cake (i usually purchase from the bakery) and this year we got Captain America....every cake i've seen seem to just have a huge shield for the cake...i find that kind of boring. He's also really into Ninjago but i havent seen any toys for those, my question is if there is a way to make a cake combing the both? 

i want to do a ninjago cake similar to this http://thecraftinb.blogspot.com/2012/04/ninjago-cake.html

and the toy for captain america is this one  http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Captain-America-Spin-and-Fight-Cake-Topper/77165/PartyItemDetail.aspx?REF=SCE-PlusBox&gclid=CPblxJGoyrQCFcN_Qgod2zAA6g

any ideas?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4

not really knowing your skill level makes it difficult to narrow down a suggestion

but my random thought here is --are you in the states?? there's those nutter butter cookies that are in a very similar shape to the ninjago mask

you could decorate a bunch of them and stick them to the sides of the cake

i think they have a pattern on the top which you could use as is or cover with a glaze first, let dry then decorate

leaving the top open for the captn amrca

maybe do a comic book and have ca leaping up out of the pages? maybe

xekahx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xekahx Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 4

I love that idea! i would say im intermediate level. and yes im in AZ

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 4

You could do 2 6" cakes placed side by side, one with the ninjago face and the other with the Captain America shield and the character in the middle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%