Lounge By Amy7373 Updated 25 Apr 2013 , 3:01am by FrecklesCakes

Amy7373 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 5:58am
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone!

I've just joined the site and I feel like a kid at Christmas! So much to look at and so many wonderful ideas and tips!

Would love to hear any tips you have for using the site to my full advantage. I'm a little confused about how the galleries and photosets work so it would be great if someone could explain the best way to share my pics.

Looking forward to spending A LOT of time here as someone relatively new to the game!

(Victoria, Australia)

15 replies
Izzy Sweet Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 6:16am
post #2 of 16

I am new too so i can not help much for navigating the site.I just wanted to say nice to meet you.

Bodark Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 10:21am
post #3 of 16

I am also new, but the best bit of advise that I was given (by detteb thumbs_up.gif) was that when you want to search something specific, type your search in Google followed by cake central.  Ie: Red velvet cake central. The results will then show the relevant threads in the forums. I hope this helps :-)

cazza1 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 10:33am
post #4 of 16

Welcome from West Australia.  Be careful, this is a very addictive website.

Amy7373 Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 3:45am
post #5 of 16

Thanks everyone. Nice to 'meet' you all :)

britts beehive Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 4:34am
post #6 of 16

AHi everyone I am also new to cake central. I am a beginner baker. I love the site. I've only been on here for 12 hours and already addicted

UmmSufyaan Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 5:07am
post #7 of 16

AHello I'm a newbie too and yes this site is very addictive

evthecakefairy Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 16

Hi I am a newbie too and love this site.

mochazina Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 16

Christmas came 9 days late!!!!!!!!!!   icon_biggrin.gif

cakecentral is my new love & I'm only 20 minutes in!

Evoir Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 11:09pm
post #10 of 16

Welcome to all the newbies on site today!

For beginners, please go to the forums tab and look under "Stickies" in the categories listed for information most commonly sought upon joining the site.

As the site has recently been upgraded (ie just a few months now) we are still ironing out some issues with the new system. In particular there are still some difficulties occurring in posting photos and in photo albums. These concerns are being worked on by the site owners.

I highly recommend getting familiar with the site and searching for answers on the very extensive forum archives if you require comprehensive information on a specific topic.

Kimdarella Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 1:42am
post #11 of 16

Hey all!  Another Newbie, how have I missed finding this site for so long!!!! :D

Hey too all the fellow Aussies on the site, quite a lot I see!!  Evior, your work is amazing!!! I checked out your photos on FB.. wow, love your style!

Looking forward to getting to know the site and the people who hang here more! :)

Edward32 Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 9:51am
post #12 of 16

Hello all, I am Edward and i am new here. I have recently join this community. I have find it on internet and find really good stuff on it. I need help from people here regarding some issues. Hope to get solved.

Mutherfudger Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 8:20pm
post #13 of 16

Good evening bakers! I am a newbie to this wonderful site and community from Nottingham, UK. I am looking forward to chatting with all you talented and creative folks.

cakealicious7 Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 9:30pm
post #14 of 16

AHey newbies!!!! Welcome, you will definitely love this site and the people!! Xx

KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 2:11am
post #15 of 16

AI am the photo gallery moderator. If you have any photo gallery questions you can PM me or write me here. Don't be afraid to post photos of your cakes. There is no trick to it, just go to "upload photos" and have fun. We love seeing everyone's work!

Cake Central is for sharing. You will see everyone from professional decorators to beginners here. We are here to share and help one another so welcome to CakeCentral!

FrecklesCakes Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 3:01am
post #16 of 16

welcome everyone :) I don't really have any helpful advice - just saying hi :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%