Rich's Butter Cream -- Need Help!

Decorating By shikhamj Updated 2 Jan 2013 , 3:46am by icer101

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 2:16am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I need to make a Tom and Jerry Pineapple sheet cake which servers 30-40 ppl for a friend. She found this pic on the net and wants me to make something similar with whipped cream. After doing some research, I found Rich's butter cream. Has anyone tried it out ??  Can I use a the butter cream transfer on  richs buttercreme ?? I am not sure if this is the best way to do it..or do you recommend to go with regular butter creame icing.. please help me, as the birthday is this sat and I dont want to let my friend down.. 

Any suggestion on how I can do this cake will be great..

I have baked smaller cakes before but this is the first time I'm making a half sheet cake and so am a little nervous as with every cake I'm still learning.

Thank you for your time .

Wish you all a happy new year

regards,

shikha

3 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 3:26am
post #2 of 4

Rich's Better Cream is different than buttercream. It does not crust and I would not recommend doing a

buttercream transfer with it. Better Cream is similar to whipping cream, so if that's what your looking for then I highly recommend Rich's Better Cream.

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 3:34am
post #3 of 4

Thank you ladies for the quick answer n support :) Seriously you guys are great.. I am so much i tension but helps a lot to see friends like you to talk to ..

. I hope I get the cake right.. If I get it right, I will post the pics.. I am still looking what I Can do to make this cake, thinking should I replace it with regular butter cream instead of whipped cream icing.. hmmm 

And do anyone can help how to make a sheet cake.. 

thank you

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 3:46am
post #4 of 4

Yes, you will have to use buttercream instead of bettercream. No whipped cream at all. You can make your cake in a 11"x15"x2" cake pan. This will feed up to 35 people. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%