Printing Red On Frosting Sheets?

Decorating By SugarMama5 Updated 13 Jan 2013 , 2:14am by SugarMama5

SugarMama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama5 Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone else had any success printing red on frosting sheets? I swear every time I have been asked to print something that is red based, it comes out more pink than red. I've changed all my cartridges, my print head isn't clogged, I've done test prints to make sure all the colors are printing properly, but still find that images look less red and more pink. I did some frosting sheets the other day and the image was supposed to be a burgandy color and they really looked more dark pink than burgundy. I did a test print of a red square, and that too looked more pink than red. Any tips or suggestions?

6 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

Hi,

I can try to help you. With edible inks, you will never get an exact match. Reds are the hardest. But you can get close! First, what brand ink? What settings are you printing at? What is the source of the image? Is it a .jpg, .doc or did you pull it from the internet?

Thanks and Happy New Year, I will try and help you,.

SugarMama5 Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 7

I'm using icing images ink and the image was a .jpg image. How do I look to see what the settings I'm printing at? 

Thanks for being willing to help! :)

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 4:14am
post #4 of 7

I had no trouble at all, with the red in the Printing Museum logo, on my Leland Awards cake. 4 months later (2 1/2 months for the the ones I had printed with the speed limit sign for my parents' 55th anniversary cake), the black is bleeding on my spares, but the red still looks very red.

Cake for 2012 Leland Awards by Tracker-Backer, on Flickr

(I think the local cake supply uses DecoPac ink and media.)

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 7

The problem is in your settings!!!! If you log into your account on icingimages.com, go to the support tab (it is under info on the left side), then under

Initial Setup for Canon Gold Label Printers you will find PC Based Canon Gold Label Printer Configuration and Setup.  There you will find instructions and pictures for your printer settings. Basically you want to be sure your paper settings are on matte paper, your print quality is standard and be sure that your paper abrasion is set properly. This will fix your problems. If you are still having problems give us a call, it means something else is not quite right. But my guess is that is where the problems are!!!

SugarMama5 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 7

AI'll try it.... I know I initially did use your site to set things up... But we've moved since then... Maybe something changed when we reconnected everything when we set things up again?? I'll check today and let you know what I find! Thanks again for your help! :)

SugarMama5 Posted 13 Jan 2013 , 2:14am
post #7 of 7

I'm going to have to call you this week. I just checked my printer settings are they are exactly how your website says to set them up. Somethings off. Sigh. Oh well, at least my printhead isn't giving me grief, lol. ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%