Happy New Year everyone :-)
I hope everyone has a fantastic year of caking, be it your hobby or as your business. May your fondant be pliable, your buttercream smooth and your ganache uneaten on the way to the cake...
I've been pondering plans and promises for 2013, and thought I'd ask, has anyone made any resolutions regarding caking? Do you make resolutions?
- After a ludicrously busy 2012, where I spent way too much time in the cake studio, I am taking a few steps back to get my life in balance. I am hoping to reduce my workload to a maximum of two wedding cakes a week, or the equivalent in other celebration cakes. With my freed-up time, I hope to write my blog and be more available for my family.
- Watch those Craftsy classes I've purchased!
- Give my cake studio a thorough clean-out, getting rid of cake equipment I don't ever use (look out eBay).
There's more, but I don't want to overwhelm myself!
I would love to say that I am going to exercise more, eat healthier and all that, but I think I should stick to something I might actually be able to do.
1. Laugh more often
2. Let those I love know how much I love them
3. Seize every opportunity I'm given
4. Count my blessings everyday
Happy New Year!