irum Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 5:42am
post #1 of

i have done many cakes... but really stuck with this one... how to make cranes of this cake? how to keep the cranes standing firmly? how to cover the crane?????

pleaseee guys need ur feedback.

6 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 6:48am
post #2 of

ARoyal icing and gumpaste. Just draw the pattern, put wax paper on it, trace with royal, let dry, then over pipe for strength. Cut your gumpaste and let that dry overnight and flip it, then continue to dry. Let it all dry and then royal your pieces together. Dry again! Make at least 1 extra of every piece, and probably 2, to allow for breakage. Don't over whip your royal, it will get to airy, and break easier.

Annabakescakes Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 6:52am
post #3 of

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2884283/width/200/height/400[/IMG] here is a pic to use! Simplify if you can!

irum Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 7:40am
post #4 of

thanks alottt dear... :D

wht if i add a wooden shashlick stick in between royal icing & gum paste... wud that b a good idea?

Annabakescakes Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 8:01am
post #5 of

AI don't know what a slashstick is, but any reinforcement you can use would be great! But it won't be edible if it's wood, so make sure they know about it when you give them the cake! You could try something with dry spaghetti sticks, the thicker, the better, though the thin ones have a little flex. And edible:-) (I have actually babysat several kids who ate dry spaghetti!)

irum Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 8:05am
post #6 of

Oh wow dats great... using dry spegitti will keep it edible :D kool

by shashlik stick i mean, the wooden skewer, the thin one. but i think ur idea is perfect :D thx alot for the quick response. will upload pics once done :D

newbaker55 Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 12:31pm
post #7 of

Some of that looks like thin candy-coated pretzel sticksicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%