Mickey Mouse 3D Cake

Decorating By Janani65 Updated 30 Dec 2012 , 3:18pm by venuscakes

Janani65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janani65 Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 6:32am
post #1 of 4

Hi, 

I got a birthday cake order for a 3D mickey mouse cake. I'm still thinking how to do that. 

First of all: Do I need permission from Disney to do this cake? 

and if it's not a necessary anyone has an idea to do this cake? I found wilton 2006 year book tutorial. But I couldn't find that particular mickey mouse pan. 

Please help!

3 replies
JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 6:59am
post #2 of 4

If you are selling this cake you will need permission.  The last 3D cake I made I talked to the Sesame Street copy write attorney and he told me - and I quote " because your not selling the cake there is nothing I can do to you but if I open a shop I cannot display the pic or use it for advertising"  This was for an Elmo cake. 

I made a cake that looked like a present with a 3D Elmo made from RKT and piped with royal icing and fondant

eyes, nose mouth. You could do something similar but if you search for MM cakes on CC you will most likely find a zillion :)

Hope this helps a little

Jeanne

Michelle3010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle3010 Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 7:39am
post #3 of 4

I'm not sure if there's a particular MM pan you're looking for, but just type "discontinued character cake pans" in your browser, and you will be directed to numerous sites with discontinued pans, decorations, etc.  Hope this helps.icon_smile.gif

venuscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venuscakes Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 4

Here is a Mickey Mouse cake I did recently. I made Mickey using rice crispie cake because the overall cake would have been huge if he had been cake and also the Mickey would have been extemely heavy. I worked from a picture of Mickey to get the proportions and details right.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.458893127490795.97915.454715371241904&type=1

Hope it goes well

Amanda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%