Lace????

Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 30 Dec 2012 , 2:46pm by -K8memphis

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I desperately need help getting a lace effect on a small cake. I don't have any molds and I don't have the time to order online....Any advice would help please...

PS I tried the Cricut Cake and it was a nightmare!!

Thank you all in advance

Heidi 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 4:33am
post #2 of 4

Is there a perticular design you *must* copy?  You can pipe it directly on a cake.   If you are just wanting a lacy look try cornelli lace...it is very easy tp pipe all over a cake. Here are a couple of examples:  http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/3/3b/100x100px-ZC-3b2fefdb_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics10037102_bday.jpeg

http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/5/53/100x100px-ZC-538af053_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics10037freizen_full_sheet_exposure.jpeg

If it must be a certain deisgn can you get a piece of that design in real fabric?  Then you can use it as a pattern pressed against a well-dried b'cream, then pipe over it.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 11:49am
post #3 of 4

Google lace fabric and then pipe a similar design onto the cake with royal icing?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4

Also some lace can leave the right imprint on your cake. If you have some lace you can harvest for this project like Kakeladi recommends--check the closet and dresser--curtain? tablecloth?  old wedding dress? belt from vintage dress? Test first on a pan or on the table top. Place clean lace on crusted icing. Take some different color icing and spread it over the top--remove lace--hopefully the design remains. Also test it by waiting 5 mins before removing.

Or lay the lace down and spray some spray can food color --start and stop off the cake-- just breeze the stream of color over over  the cake. Don't stay stationary with the spray. Don't point at the cake to start or stop. Different laces provide different effects--just gotta see whacha got & what combination will work.

If you are fondanting the cake test and see if you get a lace design by pressing the lace into the fondant with a rolling pin. then carefully apply to cake so you dnt' rub out the design or just use thin pieces of the impressed fondant in a patchwork design--or cut them in scallop shapes and apply to the cake like swags. Between the patchwork pieces pipe small netting designs--just snatches of small crossword puzzle type designs that looks like the netting that lace is applied too.

Say none of this comes out well defined enough no problem--use it anyway and overpipe it.

I don't know how well you pipe--you could get the netting look with a pointed skewer and just draw it on fondant--hey a meat tenderizer has that kind of effect too. Use it freshly rolled fondant--after it sets up it won't take the design.

There's brush embroidery too google it if you're a piper.

You'll get there.

(hope there's not too many typos)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%