Bakers You Most See This!!

Decorating By RoseBonbon Updated 8 Jan 2013 , 8:09am by RoseBonbon

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 12:57am
post #31 of 35

Thanks guys, best dog laugh I've had since I lost my little fella a year ago.  Newbaker you obviously have your dog well trained.  Anyone that opened a car door near my guy risked having an unexpected visitor.  He didn't much like car rides but he hated being left behind so jumped in every car thinking I was about to take off on him.

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 2:52am
post #32 of 35

cazza1...sorry to hear of your loss. I know that heartbreak.

Actually, it's he who has me trained wellicon_lol.gif

akrainis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akrainis Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 6:27pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

According to the website of the school it's done in clay. They have photos of some of the other cakes and its obvious that there's no actual cake under all the 'frosting', some of them are filled like baskets with fruit, some with a colored gelatin.

The school might use clay but Asian cake artists (I think it originated in Vietnam) use this technique in competitions and use real cake and non-dairy whipped topping (like Rich's) stabilized to a point that it could be used for string work. I know some pastry chef's in the Philippines and Malaysia and had to ask them about it because it's so incredible. They say it's always impressive at competitions. 

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 6 Jan 2013 , 1:45am
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55 

Superstar, that was -K8memphis volunteering her dog. I just want a place to send that damned turntable!icon_cry.gif

Farely won't get in the box anyway...not even for buttercreamicon_lol.gif 

Maybe I'll try ganache as bait. I think he'll like it there in Hawaii with you!

Oops! I don't want the turntable thank you! By now it would be in the trash. I do love Farley tho'......icon_biggrin.gif

RoseBonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseBonbon Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 8:09am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrainis 

The school might use clay but Asian cake artists (I think it originated in Vietnam) use this technique in competitions and use real cake and non-dairy whipped topping (like Rich's) stabilized to a point that it could be used for string work. I know some pastry chef's in the Philippines and Malaysia and had to ask them about it because it's so incredible. They say it's always impressive at competitions. 

oh i would like to see the competition video i am sure it will be amaizing do you have any more information so i can google this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%