Anyone Going To Offer Valentines Day Cookie Bouquets???

Baking By sfandm Updated 31 Dec 2012 , 3:56pm by sewsugarqueen

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

Yes, I know, I am posting this one day after Christmas icon_biggrin.gif, but I have been asked by several of my customers what I will offer for this holiday, and my first thought was Bouquets. My idea is offer 4 different styles of heart shaped cookie bouquets, designed with RI, and completed with a container, bow, and wrapped in a cello bag. Does anyone on CC do this? What are your prices? Can you share pics?

I am thinking of charging $35 for 9 cookies, all decorated and finished. Delivery is $10 more.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

S

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfandm 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

S

Nothing particularly coherent but I wanted you to know this got me thinking. Little slow on the uptake though...

misschristinec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misschristinec Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 12:07am
post #3 of 6

AAre you considering cookie pops - like a proper bouquet? Or are you just wrapping the cookies in cello bags individually and selling in a box? You have me thinking now....

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 12:25am
post #4 of 6

A proper bouquet, complete with cello bags, bows, and a cute container to hold them in. I have seen several on the internet, and would love to offer something similar.

SugarFairy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFairy1 Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 3:17am
post #5 of 6

I am going to be offering bouquets for Valentine's Day. Much like yours with the bags, ribbon, bow, container. I think I will be doing mine with a dozen cookies. I'm not quite sure what shapes...of course the heart is the main one but I may also put a message cookie in mine..have to take a few days and think about it. I know I will be charging at least $30.00...not sure if that will be my final price.  I don't have any pictures to post right now but maybe in a week I will have a sample of one that I can post to show you. 

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 6

What is population of your town?  I have not had much success with decorated cookies where I live for valentine's day--- pop. 200,000.  It seems that chocolate is big thing here.  I specialize in decorated cookies at a bakery but wonder how you get clients to put out for whole bouquet.  This is a low end demographics.  Do you put up samples and wait for response to do that?

After close to 2,000 decorated cookies not sure I can even think of decorating valentine cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%