New Cake Toys From Santa?

Lounge By tdovewings Updated 28 Dec 2012 , 7:53am by Ursula40

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 24

I'm starting a thread so everyone can share what new cake decorating toys, tools, supplies, books, DVDs, etc they received.

For me, Santa bought a Baby Cakes: Cake Pop Maker, A cake calendar with 365 cakes featured, The Divvies Bakery Cookbook. I'm also a huge fan of Ina Garten, and I also received her new book Foolproof. 

I'll be trying out the Cake Pop Maker later this week. 

23 replies
Sara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara22 Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 24

Santa brought me more fondant tools, a new turn table and best of all a KA! which I got 2 weeks early so I could use it for my christmas baking :)

vickic26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickic26 Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 24

ASanta brought me the 3 hummingbird bakery cook books and a battery powered icing set :-)

tdovewings Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 24

I remember when I got a KA for Christmas, I was baking nonstop for a month! 

A battery powered icing set? I'd love to hear more about that, never heard of it. I didn't know there were three hummingbird bakery cookbooks either, I've got research to do!

Happy Baking!

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 24

I got a Craftsy gift certificate which I have already used, Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes book, DVDs from SugarEd - Flawless Fondant and Perfecting the Art of Buttercream, the Calender of 365 Extreme Cakes, and a huge marble slab for fondant and gumpaste rolling!!  AWESOME Christmas for caking!!! 

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 24

Mr. clause brought me an agbay double blade...I AM SO HAPPY..icon_biggrin.gif

vickic26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickic26 Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 24

AThe battery powered icing set is like a big pencil with cartridges which you can mix the icing colours in then it has different nozzles to use with it you can change the speed of the icing application aswell, my mum bought my it but not sure what its like yet as haven't had a go, the hummingbird books are amazing I haven't tried any recipes but they all look delicious cant wait to try them :-) Like this [IMG]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg567/vickic25/bcde5f4ee54d6baee63ff1f3774c37ae_zps94facb33.jpg[/IMG]

Princess Von Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess Von Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 24

A[quote name="tdovewings" url="/t/752228/new-cake-toys-from-santa#post_7343659"]I remember when I got a KA for Christmas, I was baking nonstop for a month! 

A battery powered icing set? I'd love to hear more about that, never heard of it. I didn't know there were three hummingbird bakery cookbooks either, I've got research to do!

Happy Baking! [/quot

Princess Von Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 24

Awhats a KA?

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 24

I got my big Kichen Aid last Christmas from my parents...It has been on my kitchen counter ever since! Awesome!

Princess Von Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 24

AOh ok...yes that is my life saver

tdovewings Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsugarqueen 

Mr. clause brought me an agbay double blade...I AM SO HAPPY..icon_biggrin.gif

I'm happy for you! That's on my 2013 'save up for' list.

tdovewings Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 11:19pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani1081 

I got a Craftsy gift certificate which I have already used, Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes book, DVDs from SugarEd - Flawless Fondant and Perfecting the Art of Buttercream, the Calender of 365 Extreme Cakes, and a huge marble slab for fondant and gumpaste rolling!!  AWESOME Christmas for caking!!! 

Nice! You'll ove those DVDs. I got the calendar too and can't stop looking at it. Awesome, Awesome, gifts you got there!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 26 Dec 2012 , 11:26pm
post #14 of 24

I got an Agbay Jr. double blade.  So surprised!  I was asking for a single, but got a double instead.  Couldn't be happier!  I'm a hobby baker, so didn't want the full size Agbay.  This one should do the job for me.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 1:40am
post #15 of 24

These aren't really toys, but I got the cutest plates/platters to hang in my cake room party.gif. I can't decide which is my favorite.

I also got a baking book by Arnold Zabert. It's old, was first printed in 1985 in Germany. I'm only halfway through it but I really like it. It has a lot about the baking process in addition to recipes. Each chapter starts with a base, for instance basic white bread,  and then adds variations and other similar and more complex recipes. 

It's fun reading what everyone got! icon_smile.gif

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 2:19am
post #16 of 24

Elcee I thought your platter was a hand painted cake when I saw it posted in the photos.  Santa blew his magic dust on my daughter and gave us her life after the car she was travelling to us in rolled 3 times.  Both her and her partner are making miraculous recoveries and Santa has also promised me an art projector at a slightly later date.

Gerle Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 2:50am
post #17 of 24

Cazza1....I'm so glad your daughter and her partner are ok.  What a wonderful relief for you!  It does seem as if someone was looking out for her.

Gerle Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 2:58am
post #18 of 24

Elcee...those are VERY cute platters!  They'll look great on your walls!

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 3:22am
post #19 of 24

I got a large wooden rolling pin and a black marble slab. I can't wait to try out chocolate decorations and scrolls on the slab!!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 4:09am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

Santa blew his magic dust on my daughter and gave us her life after the car she was travelling to us in rolled 3 times.  Both her and her partner are making miraculous recoveries

cazza1, I'm so glad your daughter and her partner are ok! There is little worse than getting that call saying your child has been in an accident.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 6:04am
post #21 of 24

Nikon D5100 for better cake photos.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 12:04am
post #22 of 24

Thank you for your kind words Gerle and Elcee. 

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 3:19am
post #23 of 24

I've been waiting 2 years for it.!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 7:53am
post #24 of 24

Cazza1 got the BEST PRESENT EVER!!! No doubt about it.

What I got was lovely, a DeLonghi Kenwood Major, tried it out today making red velvet cupcakes, volunteered making them, so that I had an excuse for trying it out and it works like a charm. Happy girl here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%