Free Snowman Scene Tutorial

Decorating By LisaPeps Updated 25 Dec 2012 , 1:06am by cazza1

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 7

Ahttp://mycakedesign.deagostinipassion.it/speciali/biscotti-di-natale/

It's in Italian but you can get the general idea from the pictures.

Not my work, just sharing as I think it's so cute!

6 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 7

APretty sure that's going to be the topper for my Christmas cake this year so thanks!

I could probably put together an English translation if anyone wants one.

LisaPeps Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 7

AYea that would be ideal if you could do that!

kikiandkyle Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 4:46am
post #4 of 7

Cover a small foam disc (2cm thick) with some rolled white fondant, and place a small ‘pandoro’ on top. (A pandoro is a traditional Italian Christmas cake, I don’t know what the equivalent would really be. I plan to use some kind of mini bundt.)

Roll a small amount of white fondant to around 1/2cm thick and create a wavy edged circle, either with a knife or a cutter. Drape it around the top of the pandoro.

Make a small ball each of green fondant and white fondant, and push them together to create a single ball. Squeeze to flatten, and repeat in different sizes to create a tree. Cut a small star of yellow fondant to create the tree topper.

Use a large ball of white fondant to make the body of the snowman, and two arms, pinching at one end of each to create hands with thumbs. Attach the arms to the body with a little water, or you can use edible glue or gum paste. Attach the snowman to the base with a toothpick. (It looks like the toothpick is supposed to come out of the top of the body for the head to attach to, so that should be a guide to how small you need to make the body.)

Take a small ball of purple fondant, and flatten to make a disc. Use a modeling tool to etch soft scarf folds around the disc. Roll a little fondant onto a texture mat, and cut two small triangles. Attach the triangles and the disc to form the scarf.

Create the head with a medium sized ball of fondant, push gently to create cheeks and a chin, then attach a carrot nose made of orange fondant, and two eyes made from brown fondant. Attach the head to the body.

Add tiny brown buttons, and earwarmers made with two little purple balls indented with a piping tip, and a headpiece made from the textured fondant.  Add tiny white snowballs.

To create the sign, use a small piece of brown fondant and a modeling tool to create a wood like effect, then attach to the board with a little wire. Repeat with a second piece of brown fondant, attached with some water, then add some thin strings of white fondant and a snowball splat to spell the word JOY.

Create the santa hat with a little cone of red fondant, and a strip of white fondant. 

LisaPeps Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 8:42am
post #5 of 7

ABrilliant, thank you!

kikiandkyle Posted 24 Dec 2012 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 7

I made him today, a little different but I still love him.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 25 Dec 2012 , 1:06am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for your effort.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%